Water temp gauge not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferbrodes

Reaction score
Hope domeone can help me. My water temp gauge on my dash isnt working. I replaced the temp sensor on the front pass side of engine and also replaced my thermostat recently. Engine is running fine but the gauge on the dash doesnt move. Any ideas?

First thing I'd do is ask the ECU what the coolant temp is. A bluetooth ELM3237 OBD2 dongle will give you the connection to the ECU, and an Android app like "Torque" will get you the data.

If the ECU does NOT have the data, I'd suspect either a wiring loom fault (eg broken wire - sometimes hard to find) or a poor earth on the radiator/ECU/battery.

If the ECU does have the data, then it's just an instrumentation issue. Is the needle broken? Is the cabling intact behind the instrument cluster? Has someone changed the stereo unit recently and mucked up the ground wire (add another ground from stereo to dash mount bolt, often fixes instrumentation issues because instruments share that ground).

i forgot, the gauges have a test mode. its in the manual. that will tell you straight away if its a gauge fault or not.

They are difficult to find. There are a few threads on here with leads, try searching for obd consult in the search box. I have been involved with these chats for a while and it can take some searching. As Tweake said have a look for ECUtalk

Latest posts

Back