EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day everyone,
I did the egr on my D22 and had great low down results. Just wondering now if anyone has looked at an EGR mod for the V6 diesel?????

The results of that would be interesting. There's already WAY too much heat generated by the V6, if it's causing ballooning of the air plumbing. Add more heat and that problem is only going to get worse.

If the high temperatures are a problem now, I shudder to think what the things are going to be like hauling something along the CSR in summer.

I don't think both sides are necessary. First, the passenger side is difficult to get to without removing the alternator.

Second, if you have a garden hose with a spray attachment that is turned off, then no matter how much you turn the actual tap on or off, water won't flow through the hose - so blocking off the EGR valve end of the pipe won't let any flow through there anyway.

Just trying to save you some time and a fair bit of effort!

I don't think both sides are necessary. First, the passenger side is difficult to get to without removing the alternator.

Second, if you have a garden hose with a spray attachment that is turned off, then no matter how much you turn the actual tap on or off, water won't flow through the hose - so blocking off the EGR valve end of the pipe won't let any flow through there anyway.

Just trying to save you some time and a fair bit of effort!

We blocked both ends, the passenger side wasnt to hard at all mind you the bolts are stupidly tight! and we kept the alt on and everything
I blocked both ends to ensure a direct flow from engine to exhaust and also from intake plumbing to intake manifold (a channel of air will flow better if it has only one direction to go and not go up and back a blocked pipe)
although it might not be necessary, i am a perfectionist hhaha

I finally got around to doing this mod last week on my thai king cab d40 - filled up the tank and used half of it already and done 300kms!! i'm stoked!! before this i only ever got 420kms to a full tank.

1st gear take offs are 100% better (still not as good as it should have been from factory but plan to fit a chip so that should take care of that) and i've noticed shit loads less smoke out the tail pipe.

highly recommend this to everyone who hasn't done it.

PS: i only did the easy side! :p

EGR mod

best advice on this mod I have found is to make a blank plate to cover the opening at the inlet maniflod end. to locate, remove the plastic engine cover, two 10mm bolts, and there are two rubber locking grommets towards the rear, carefully prize the cover off. trace the 30mm metal pipe from the exhaust around the front of the engine to the inlet manifold where it joins approximately 100mm forward of the engine oil dip stick. you will find two 12mm bolts holding it on . I removed the gasket and had a laser cut out plate made from 0.9mm stainless steel. I also made another gasket so I have one either side of the plate. I did it this way to make it less obvious to the nissan dealer, sneaky bugger that I am. if you care enough you could remove it periodically to clean the sooooot from the pipe. I weighed up whether to put the plate on the exhaust end, and decided against it as there is a heat exchanger in the pipe to warm two water pipes. I had the laser man cut 4 so have 3 left if any1 wants. happy dayz.

I had the laser man cut 4 so have 3 left if any1 wants. happy dayz.
If you've got spares i'll take one mate. How much do you want for it? Like you I don't want the squealers seeing the mod so it will be discreet. I've been loathe to do it on a car under warranty but i think the argument stacks up so i'll give it a burl. Where are you? Assume you can just post it?

Awesome thread. Alot of info to digest.

Im also interested in the blank plate. Is it possible to post it over to Perth? also what do you want for it?

If you want a plate click on my name and send me a private message. 10 bucks posted in australia

Just did this 2day and made the plate while I was waiting for the oil to drain from the motor. It's good to go heaps more pick up.

Done this a few weeks ago and so far have not noticed too much on accelleration / power low down but fuel economy improved from 11.4 l/100k to 10.8 l/100k.
I haven't reset the ECU since it was changed. Will probably do that after another tank
when I reconfirm fuel consumption.

Murph

Latest posts

Back