EGR/Butterfly Mod Super Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, need info on the EGR blocking n butterfly mod please... Tweak'e need you mate

Hello, greetings from Venezuela, I own a 06 D22 ZD30 Frontier (or at least thats the name it gets here in Venezuela) I want to block the EGR and do the butterfly mod, but I can only find 2 solenoids close to the intake manifold, one that is plugged to a green conector and another one plugged to a burgundy connector, this confusses me and I don't know which are the right vacuums to rearrange. Please help me, I see you know this type of engine back and forth like tha palm of your hand. Thank you very, very much, have a great day mate!

i have seen that setup before. you will probably find that you only have one actuator on the main butterfly. ours have two as you can see in the pics.
if yours only has one then you do not need to do the butterfly mod. just block off the egr.

Does anyone by any chance have a spare egr/shutdown butterfly laying around, I kinda jumped the gun and pulled it out. Now the thing is really rough to shut down and I can't find where I put the butterfly.

After having a quick read through this thread and noticing that people are using 2.5mm plate, I remembered that my so called mechanic brother in law put my EGR blank in for me and I remember it was only about 1mm or smaller.

So after pulling the throttle body off I found more sludge, which I thought shouldnt be there if the EGR is blocked correctly. So first I found this -

At furhur inspection I found this -
(An no this isnt the gasket, its the blank)

I wasn't happy, So after a dirty text to my brother in law who has a ZD30 patrol, he informed me that the exact same thing happended to him so he upgraded the plate. Nice to let me know!

I think it was just a piece of colourbond tin, I didnt see him put it in. I'll be getting some 2.5mm stainless plate

Geez, that's probably gone thru your engine.

I'd give him a kick in the nuts.

Without the shutdown butterfly i'm suprised it shuts down at all, must just be cutting the fuel off.

He is lucky he lives in another town. It gives a bit of a kick when turning off but I'm just worried about it buggering engine mounts when it does it so Im going to put another one back in

that pic looks like the wrong part. typically you blank it at the manifold end not at the egr valve.

Yeah i know, he did it when I first bought the car about 2 and a bit years ago, so i've just made a 2 nice stainless plates to replace that one and to do one for the manifold. Is the EGR open all the time if the solenoid is disconnected?

Well mine should make a difference then with the plate going back in, I don't know how long the tin lasted for

I've just gotten back from a 200km round trip with the new plate in and all I can say is WOW!!! What a difference. So much more power, boost has jumped up a few psi, more low end torque, and best of all the turbo lets out a nice loud whistle as im slowing down.

I was wondering, before I undertake this mod, what size the vacuum hose is? I might get some just in case I break an existing one. Thankyou
I used 6 mil and it fit nice and snug and it's
A good idea getting more because the old stuff
Gets really brittle

the only thing i have done is block the egr pipe no vacume hoses or solinoids

I was thinking of just blocking it off too and not changing any hoses around. How much difference would there be with changing the hoses too?

Latest posts

Back