EGR/Butterfly Mod Super Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So finally did this and it's great! Was having trouble with first gear in 4x4 I really had to rev it to get going now it just feels more responsive and hardly have to rev it to get going in sand.
One thing though once the plate was put in I gave it a small spray with water and noticed a small leak? Is there any problems there and could I just put some gasket paper on either side of the plate to stop it?

Hey new to the navara got an st-r d22 with a YD25 I've blanked the EGR. Am I able to do the butterfly mod as well, Old Post i know any help greatly appreciated

I was just about to do this mod this weekend when I came across this article and as mine is a 2005 model I thought I should first ask if any of these comments would apply to mine.

Thanks

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/42467/Dangers_of_Blocking_EGR.aspx

The Patrol engines are tuned differently so they may not behave the same way, even if they're the same physical motor.

EGR is supposed to be active in the throttle mid-range - exactly where the writer claims to have a problem with EGT - but there are no EGT sensors on the car and by his own admission he had to borrow one, so it's not a thing programmed into the ECU that does it.

I'd hate to think that it could be his turbo not liking the heat (expanding bearings, or housing, at those temps). I hadn't thought EGR would have that much effect - I would wonder if they had some other issue, like the number 3 cylinder going hot?

Even with a blocked EGR valve, you're still getting EGR in the intake via the PCV.

patrol has variable turbo and its ecu controlled which causes all sorts of problems. common fix is to convert it to non-ecu controlled.
don't have that problem with the navara zd30 as it has normal wastegate type turbo.

Thanks for your replies,
One last question I will install the plate in the top flange if I undo the 2 bolts is there enough movement to get the plate in as I will be using a gasket cement to seal the join.

Thanks

Terry

Last edited:
yea plenty of room, I reverted mine back to stock, the car was running like crap with it blocked and I am going to sell it soon anyway.

What do you me stuff it up?
I want to do this soon.... i have a buddy who did it and it shakes when it shuts off.

If i do it just like the diagram in the first page will it shut off smooth? that is the butterfly mod right?
Thanks.

So i am checking mine and it has two solenoids should i still do the butterfly mods?
If i do it as it is will it cause rough shut off?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Did the mod, i did not touch the butterfly and hoses.

I will give it a run later, so far it is shutting down as normal when i stiop the van.

I did not notice the time on the web site when i was posting ha. ha.

Right now its 3pm where i live,

Thanks.

you can disable the swirl control as well (brown plug), you need to change the vac lines to so that the egr actuator doesn't choke your motor.

So i am checking mine and it has two solenoids should i still do the butterfly mods?
If i do it as it is will it cause rough shut off?
Thanks.
i guess your overseas.
you will not need to do the butterfly mod, as you don't have the egr butterfly setup.
you can still unplug swirl valve tho.

Latest posts

Back