DIY Servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomHogan

Reaction score
Yes i have done a search and they just go off on a tangent to something completely different.

Anyway, whats involved in a 5,000km serivce.

Add to the list;

Engine oil - (Which brand/type)
Oil filter
Air Filter
Fuel filter
Gearbox oil (Brand/type)
transfer case oil (Brand/type)
diff oils (Brand/type)
Coolant
Check belts & hoses

Anything else to be checked over/replaced

Ah right. Cheers fatboy.

I want to change everything cause ive pushed it pretty hard the lat 10,000km's (didnt have the last 5,000 service)

going on a big trip this weekend then going to the sons of trials next weekend. so i want everything to be running fine

Ah right. Cheers fatboy.

I want to change everything cause ive pushed it pretty hard the lat 10,000km's (didnt have the last 5,000 service)

going on a big trip this weekend then going to the sons of trials next weekend. so i want everything to be running fine

Sounds good where you off to?
I did a major on mine about 6 months ago.
But I'll be doing another one this month before fraser an replacing anything that looks worn. Belts, bushes, hoses.

From memory when my mechanic did my gear box and transfer I think they are every 40,000. I got them to use a nulon oil. Not sure on diffs. But engine oil i use delo 400. Also I rotate my tyres every 5000 having muddies its a good idea I think

yeah i rotate my tyres every 5,000.

im pretty good mates with my mechanic and i had a chat to him before and he said its sweet to go in and use the hoist and everything there. which will make life easier.

Just heading down to narooma to go fishing, surfing and find a couple of tracks around there.

Frasier would be super fun. id love to go there soon

I do gearbox, transfer, diffs every 20k
oil every 5k
every 10k- oil and fuel filter, new oil with oil flush
Fuel purge Liquid moly or decent diesel additive every 2nd/ 3rd tank.

The only place I look for Oil types
http://www.datateck.com.au/lube/bp_au/

Navara 4x4 D22, ZD30 Turbo Diesel, Manual (2001-2007)

Crankcase
CASTROL MAGNATEC PROFESSIONAL 5W-40
Service Refill Capacity: 6.7* Litres (see note 293)

Manual Transmission
CASTROL VMX-M 75W-85 or CASTROL MANUAL VMX-M 75W-85
Service Refill Capacity: 5.1 Litres

Differential
BP HYPOGEAR 80W-90
Service Refill Capacity: 1.3 Litres (see notes 41, 15)

Power Steering
CASTROL TQ DIII or CASTROL ATF DEX III

4WD Transfer
CASTROL VMX-M 75W-85 or CASTROL MANUAL VMX-M 75W-85
Service Refill Capacity: 2.2 Litres (see note 96)

4WD Differential
BP HYPOGEAR 80W-90
Service Refill Capacity: 1.3 Litres

Radiator
CASTROL ANTIFREEZE NF
Service Refill Capacity: 11.8 Litres (see note 1032)

Brake
CASTROL BRAKE FLUID HD DOT 3 or CASTROL BRAKE FLUID DOT 3 or CASTROL RESPONSE SUPER DOT 4

NOTES
Includes Oil Filter

Rear differential.

With limited-slip type differential, use BP LIMSLIP 140.

May also use CASTROL TQ DIII or CASTROL ATF DEX III.

May also use BP VANELLUS C6 GLOBAL PLUS.

Do NOT mix coolant with other antifreeze, coolants or corrosion inhibitors because of possible incompatibility of inhibitors. Mix the Castrol coolant concentrate at 50% v/v with high quality water (distilled, demineralised or deionised).

Last edited:
Engine oil - Penrite HPR Diesel 5 or 15
Oil filter - Ryco/Valvoline
Air Filter - every 20K Ryco
Fuel filter - Every 20K
Gearbox oil - Every 20k - Castrol GL4 VMX
transfer case oil - Same as gearbox
diff oils - Nulon LSD 90-140 both Front + Rear

Front prop shaft has grease nipple - fill it up.

Grease front wheel bearings. Check CV boots for splits.

I like to instect the shackles and suspension bushes. loosen and give a good hit of fresh grease (preferably waterproof if doing lots of crossings)

Give everyting a good shake and check for rattles.

I aslo like to put the battery on smart charger over the weekend - tops her up and keeps it in good condition (dont drive mine much anymore)

Tommy and infernal, that's exactly the stuff I wanted to see on here!! Good work and thank you

I have 75000 on it at the moment.

Ive got an 08 2.5 and i service every 5k,
oil, oil filter, fuel filter.
Air every 10k for economy and performance.
Grease when it needs it.
Everthing else goes to the mechanic at 50k intervals.
Ive done a few big trips and have knocked out 80k and ive found they dont need a great deal more.

Guys Ive had a look around and cant seem to find any definitive answers for this, I have a QD32 D22 and am looking to do my first change. Given that my old engine is bit of a lunker im assuming I dont need anything that meets any of the newer API grades CI-4 etc? Im looking at this product
http://www.lsaoils.com.au/lsa-products/item/premium-s-10w40.html?category_id=8

As it is is on the way to work and is what they recommend but it only meets API CF grade. What are the benefits if any I would get from going to a newer oil standard? They do have a product that meets CI/J-4 but it isnt the recommended oil using their online tool.

Latest posts

Back