D40 will not start.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Donald

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Nissan D40 diesel Auto 4x4 duel cab Ute, whilst I have not been a great fan of the Nissan D40 (given that it has only done 21,000 klm) as since I purchased the Ute new I have had numerous small niggley problems and rattles since day one… the most recent problem occurred while driving out and the engine died, and would not re-start. When the key in turned the dash panel shows -9999 for a period, the 4x4 indicator is illuminated as well as the engine emblem and will not turn off. About as month ago I replaced the battery as there were times when, it would just simply die after being started.
I live in PNG and the support here is very limited, so I would appreciate some assistance on this matter.
Further to advise from another forum, I have tried again this morning, and the engine does turn over, the lights work and so does the stereo. however on the dash indicator, it does have the battery indicator showing as well as the engine and fwd lights are on. when starting it I have just noticed what would sound like a relay clicking under the dash board on the passenger side near the glove box, if that might help. I will return the battery to the supplier to have it checked, this morning.

Sounds like a connection to the battery post or the cable to the connector or earth connection to the body is not quite good enough.

Sounds like the battery is stuffed. However, you then have to ask, why? Check the alternator, sounds like it may have stuffed itself, which would cause your little list of issues.

Latest posts

Back