D40 Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ever mate, your right all cars come off the factory identical there is never any difference in specs and there is never any difference when weight is added or wind drag as it is just as easy to get 2t moving as it is 2.5t moving and adding wind resistance will never add drag to the car so the ONLY reason we get all these different figures is 100% of the time down to the driver.
yep your spot on and next time im towing and my fuel usage goes up i can say it has nothing to do with adding weight of the trailer or the extra drag it places on my ute, its all down to the fact that i imagine i need to change how much throttle i need to get moving so therefore i use more fuel .

YEP you are right and i am wrong

But adding or subtracting weights, resistance anything from the test is not the point no matter how well it works. Testing one thing at time gives the results. Adding weight etc comes in later tests and if the driver tests are done well enough first time the rest of the tests can be done by any driver at any time.

Its not the point if you only want to test one thing, but it is the point if you want to test more then one thing

Despite your wonderful summary with that last line you and I both know it's not as simple as you want to make it, you suggesting I am making it a single factor is blind ignorance because you are trying to make your point, a point I have not denied.

I realise there is little chance of such a test being preformed at the muster and I knew there would be some resistance to such a test but until there is a base or even an average figure of how much a driver effects economy other economy tests will be always be more inconclusive than they currently are.

i cant imagine that engine mileage would play a great role i have over 230k km and i am getting an easy 7-800km a tank

Tony's recent figures suggest otherwise. Heavier foot, more revs quicker to speed less fuel usage.

Maybe you don't need a web designer to tell you how to get better economy but when a web designer can get better than you without trying the web designer reserves the right to piss on any parade.

Until you drive my car as it is, and actually achieve better figures then i can in that car i doubt your comment in regards to being able to get better figures then me is true.
If ever you are near here i would love for you to drive it for as long as you want to prove other wise.

Engines loosening up and offering better economy, better anything really is not a proven thing. Some suggest diesels especially loosen up, some even set a figure on when it should happen but I'm yet to see any evidence that it's a definite thing that will happen to every engine, it's not even something that every owner will even notice.

Parts have to loosen somewhat over time wear and tear guarantees it but by the time you get to 230K if an engine isn't about as loose as it's going to get without falling apart there is not much hope for it.

:rofl2:There is no point HJ krafty has better bags and is far better at swinging them and will clearly be superior so there is just no point.

Dang am i doing that wrong too, i will correct my ways immediately.....is there a better way of using your handbag..?? please share more of your endless wisdom

Read what i wrote above,
yes that test will in no doubt prove what we are all saying about different drivers and their styles of driving, BUT if you add a further component to that test it will also in no doubt prove what i am saying and that is wind resistance and added weight, tyres are all going to make differences and that a driver who is a lead foot will alway s use more fuel then others but if you take out weight and wind resistance then even that driver can and will use lees fuel the he did previously

Makes plenty of sense to me when i put my canopy on even with no load on i lose roughly 100km per tank to wind resistance.(canopy is big and square so acts a bit like a parachute)

Makes plenty of sense to me when i put my canopy on even with no load on i lose roughly 100km per tank to wind resistance.(canopy is big and square so acts a bit like a parachute)

Its not hard to figure out is it, I know for sure wind drag plays a part in my personal fuel figures and so do bigger tyres.
As i said before i can do the same trip from my house to the ACT in my ute with nothing on the roof and the next day have a ladder on the roof and see the difference when i fill up again once i get home.
The same goes when i have done trips with my 265/75/16 muddies on, i notice a difference at the pump at the end of the trip, if im lazy and leave the muddies on for a week or so, then go back to the stock rims and rubber i see a big difference over the course of the 450km.
I have also notice the improvement in this D40 to my last D40 the different parts to the engine have changed on what economy i get im sure of it, because i have set up both cars with identical accessories and do the same trips with it and the old one used more fuel, and when you do over 450km per day and you fill up at the same pump each day you can notice the differance in fuel consumption, wether that is from driving it harder because i just want to get home or im carrying more stuff.

Gees you guys have been busy :saberfighting: So what figures are you getting now Nathan at 40,000?

It really depends mate, But my best over a full tank and running the muddies and stuff on the roof like ladders has been around 9.6lph and thats doing the calculation at the pump my self.
BUT i have got better figures like today i drove a few towns away about 25km and i got 7.6lph avg off the scangauge and 7.9lph on the way home due to going over the razorback mountain, (on the way in its more down hill) and over a full tank those figures would change because once i get on the freeway i seem to get higher numbers because i like to sit on 110-120kph all the time and i think the sweet spot is around 95kph

Yes the stilettos are off and hand bags are flying today lol

No steve i never take my stilettos off, not even when im at work on the roofs, i just trot around like twinkle toes.

It really depends mate, But my best over a full tank and running the muddies and stuff on the roof like ladders has been around 9.6lph and thats doing the calculation at the pump my self.
BUT i have got better figures like today i drove a few towns away about 25km and i got 7.6lph avg off the scangauge and 7.9lph on the way home due to going over the razorback mountain, (on the way in its more down hill) and over a full tank those figures would change because once i get on the freeway i seem to get higher numbers because i like to sit on 110-120kph all the time and i think the sweet spot is around 95kph

No steve i never take my stilettos off, not even when im at work on the roofs, i just trot around like twinkle toes.

LMAO I'll hold you to that !! i expect to see you waring stilettos at the Muster

Looking forward to the muster doing some simple driving in the events will show how some use more i went to the dump today normally with my work trailer with a good load i am 3.4tonne all up went today with the kids no trailer just light crap in the back of the 22 still 2.14tonne.

Now i know this is a d40 thread i am just below half 484ks combination of around town with and without work trailer next week with the van and gear about 2.2tonne i will be at about 330ks at half tank on hwy and hills.

Never have i got 800ks plus even with granny driving but if you do keep it up anything i change affects my fuel to a noticeable point.

Back