D22 turbocharger warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobjtls

Reaction score
I am currently in discussions with our Nissan dealer regarding my D22 losing power. They have now spent two days checking the car and have replaced the oil filter that OppositeLock had installed at our last service, but this was not the problem. Now they say that fins in the turbocharger have been bent and this is the cause. They have asked for receipt of the last service and now complain that it used a different oil, Pro Diesel 15W40, instead of whatever Nissan uses.

They state that Nissan may refuse a warranty repair if they think an inferior oil has been used and because I used a third party service agent. Is the stated oil inferior? My contact at OppositeLock scoffed and said it wasn't. Is OppositeLock an inferior agent?

Anybody else had any such arguments with Nissan and what were the outcomes?

I feel like I'm going to be the piggy in the middle here!

Bobj

Sounds like it may be an easy out yet again for Nissan to deny warranty on a major component... yet again...

If the OL store that did the service is licensed to do log book servicing you need to remind Nissan of their obligation to fulfill a warranty application under your states applicable consumer laws, in any case expect a fight on your hands Im afraid.

If however the store is not a licensed motor mechanic that can do log book servicing then your up shit creek without a paddle.

different oil is not going to do anything to turbo fins.
if fins are damaged you have sucked in something or bearings are shot and its hitting the housing.
you don't normally hear of fins being bent, they tend to break or wear the edges if its hits something.

more than likely they have no clue what so ever and are trying to get rid if you.

thats great news
just a thought
do you idle engine down before you shut it off ?
you may have cooked turbo bearings causing fin damage ?

fyi nissan used valvoline durablend 15w/40 for my services

Latest posts

Back