D22 shakes at 70kph!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortsta

Reaction score
Hi ya all. My d22 shakes like hell when i hit 70kph. I put a new centre bearing bush on the drive shaft yesterday (onloy just fitted one a few months ago and already fallen to pieces). Put counteract balancing beads (4oz each side) in both the fronts (but not rear)..any general ideas??
thanks
morty

When was your last wheel alignment and have you ever changed the suspension bushes?

could also be something else entirely like a bearing though...

thanks boys...er yeh suspension bushes??? i think i did them a while back. i'll check them. I had my mate a local mechanic do the centre bearing bush on the main shaft-he said it took two hours and $190 which kinda surprised me a bit gotta say- i didn't have time to do them myself..!!!he said said the bearings and that were fine and couldn't see there was an issue with the tail-shaft but maybe it needs to be checked on a proper balancer?
wheels aligned three weeks or so ago..

Oh also one thing I often do is forget to unlock my hubs after 4wding cause I am lazy and just figure I'll do it at home, shakes the car a bit at speeds over 80km/h

what kind of shake? just the car vibrating or is the steering wheel wobbling? If the wheel is wobbling, fair to say it's front end related i.e bent rim, out of balance wheel etc. If the wheel is fine, then it would be something in the driveline

steering wheel wobbling reeeeaaalll bad...!!
mechanic says the rotors are buggered...so ill replace them...maybe bushes? i replaced in jan 2010??

Ouch, they're not cheap. Why out of shape? Hot rotors and cold water crossing?

I'd also look at your drag link and tie rod ends for play. Patrols get "death wobbles" (same thing really) and usually it is worn out tie rod or drag link ends...

Latest posts

Back