D22 rear springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What d22 rear springs

• Total voters

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
Ok, Im in the market for new rear spring, I have currently got rubbish ironman in there so the are out of the picture.

What i want to know is what everyone is running, why and how it performs.

My setup shortly will be Fibreglass Canopy, plywood draw system, engel fridge, as well as a small toolbox air comp, 20l water and a few odds and ends alway in the ute

I am looking at bluemax HD at the moment and possibly pedders.

so poll away feel free to add something i have missed.

Cheers Bryan

Im running bluemax 300kg leaves with an extra leaf added from the original Nissan leaf packs. Rides better than it ever did and handles my setup well when away camping.

Had a spring company put an xtra few leaf's in...measured it up and got exactly what I wanted

I was going to change my leaf springs as they were completely stuffed, I ended up putting some raw shocks in and firestone air bags in , did it a few years back,
I had 200000ks on the ute so you can imagine how buggered the factory springs were by then!
Anyway ive done 80000ks on the shocks and air bags and its been great, still sits level which helps keeping front tyre wear good.
That includes off road use and its been used to tow my work trailer all its life,
I had considered going h/d leaf springs but did not like the idea of them on corrugated roads. If I had a newer ute I probably would not go with air bags as alot of the newer chassis are piss weak. The d22 is build a bit more rugged ,basic but does its job.
Enjoy making your mind up, heaps of options out there.

Im running bluemax 300kg leaves with an extra leaf added from the original Nissan leaf packs. Rides better than it ever did and handles my setup well when away camping.

Interesting, why did you need to put the extra leaf in? did you do it straight up or after you put the springs in?

I was going to change my leaf springs as they were completely stuffed, I ended up putting some raw shocks in and firestone air bags in , did it a few years back,

Yeah not overly keen on airbags, dont right they can be ok but to many horror stories:confused3:

so to the people who went other, what have you got?

cheers
bryan

Interesting, why did you need to put the extra leaf in? did you do it straight up or after you put the springs in?

cheers
bryan

I have a set of drawers, heavy agm, rear arb bar, long range tank all over the rear axle. With my*rooftop tent Zordo advised that i may need the extra spring, so i took a gamble and put it in straight up. Rides well enough on the road for me and still suprisingly flexes very well offroad.

Each to their own mate! The d22s dont have any problems with chassis cracking with air bags, I reckon Im a good example, work trailer every day, canopy, steel roof rack with spare wheel on roof +awning. Also, 2 extra batteries in tray , fridge and a drawer system! Wonder why I use so much fuel! Anyway its up to you at the end of the day!

I made a huge mistake.... Sax springs .... they are rough as guts to ride on and the people that work there are impossible to try and reason with. Don't buy sax springs!!

OME heavy constants from ARB (rapists) back when my '04 was new and before i knew what the internet was for. One load spring removed, cos they were too stiff with heavy loads, thinking of putting a couple extra comfort leaves in from a standard leaf pack if anyone has a pair (SE Melb)

I have EFS comfort in the back, feel pretty good with a load of camping gear but that's about it load wise, sadly I got it wrong on the front with EFS HD torsion bars and shoulda gone something more comfortable, if I was to do it again I would go OME front and rear.

Ok, Im in the market for new rear spring, I have currently got rubbish ironman in there so the are out of the picture.

What i want to know is what everyone is running, why and how it performs.

My setup shortly will be Fibreglass Canopy, plywood draw system, engel fridge, as well as a small toolbox air comp, 20l water and a few odds and ends alway in the ute

I am looking at bluemax HD at the moment and possibly pedders.

so poll away feel free to add something i have missed.

Cheers Bryan

Hey Bryan,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with our (Ironman 4x4) leafs. Can I ask how long you've had them and which springs you had in the rear?

It may be that they will still be covered by warranty or that you might have had the wrong springs spec'd for the loads/accessories that you have.

Cheers,

Matt
Ironman 4x4

Running the sax 3sds springs. A lot of negative feedback about them on here but I've never had any issues. It comes down to correct fitting and correct spring shock combination.

It's a pitty Sax don't have the same after sales service. Once they get your money they don't answer the phone and they return calls !!

It's a pitty it ended up like this. I had issues with a cross threaded pin and rang and he replaced it without question and have me a spare. I still have the original lacks which were hand built in slacks creek

Yeah Rusty you were lucky, you got the ones made in Aust , but we got the crap that was made overseas. Sure they attempted to rectify the problem, but they only sent us springs that someone else had returned because they were no good. They painted them black expecting us to believe they were new. [the original ones were moroon] So in effect they didn't try to rectify the problem, because they weren't doing anything different.

Correction on my last post. It should read 'they didn't return phone calls.

Latest posts

Back