D22 Portal's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Here is the portal pic .

Ground cleareance 4.5" and portal gear ratio 1:08 . Good enough to off road .

The rear bumper still original angle but looks like different angle from the side view.

I got these pics from Nissan-Navara.net • Portal

I am trying to get some info off the guy who posted the pics.

Dave.

Attachments

• DSC02463%20-%20Copy.JPG
    DSC02463%20-%20Copy.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC02476%20-%20Copy.JPG
    DSC02476%20-%20Copy.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC02473%20-%20Copy.JPG
    DSC02473%20-%20Copy.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 225
Could you get these portals engineered for on road or not they look awesome i would rather get these then a lift

GU Patrol's can be engineered with Marks adapter Portals so I cant see why not.

Dave.

That is a great find and good news for navara people, they wont be cheap though but look at what you get, gearing, stronger driveline and a lift.. Mine sits about that height with the std patrol suspension.

cheers mark.

It's interesting to see that the portal hubs are apparently universal "with slight modifications'. It's a good concept that has worked well on many vehicles. These ones could be good depending on the quality. I don't think it will pass engineering in Australia though due to how much they extend the wheel track. Going off their figures, you’re looking at a 23.5cm increase. Well over the legal limit on an IFS vehicle.

Even if you could get it engineered, you would probably be looking at a few grand to get it legitimately approved after they do all of the testing.

I just found out from a contact in Malaysia that the portal hubs are RM15,000 to RM20,000 or AUD$5,546 to $7,394 on today’s exchange. It's not really a bad price for a set of 4. I wouldn't recommend using them on road though. Apart from requiring 4" extended flares, they add about 60kg to the unsprung weight on each corner. The Patrols have the extra lateral strength from the solid axle and I think the IFS would just be a little bit too weak. It would also ruin any handling and comfort on road.

x2 i think using it with the standard diff would be a waste of time

Email response

For interest sake, I got the following email response today from the supplier in Malaysia.

does the portal kit come complete as a bolt on, or are further parts required?
Ready bolt on for the drive unit. The fender is not provided, you may need to do your own adjustment to cater for the slight protrusion since the wheel is shifted 4 inch outward.

Can it be engineered for on road use?
Yes it is design for on and off road. Height of the portal axle is 4.5".

How much $ frieghted to Queensland Australia?
I need to check with our local forwarder and come back to you.
1 set portal axle cost is MYR15000.00 plus 1 year warranty.

Before we make this potal axle, you can request the portal gear ratio like 1:1 or 1:08. Currently our self is using 1:08 ratio.

The weight on each portal is approximately 50kg. However since it is fitted to the wheel, there is little impact on the suspension. Due to the weight increase there is 5% extra fuel consumption.

Intersting that the ratio can be customised, this would be an advantage to allow the rolling wheel diameter to be increased with lesser effects.

Current conversion rate - MYR15000.00 = AU5366.65

Note: this post is not an advertisment and I am in no way affiliated with the supplier.

Latest posts

Back