d22 off road virgin.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer looks like i have to give into the fact that il have to travel for atleast 1-2hrs for a decent legal 4x4 tracks =[

appin is closed and damaging to ur vehicle as iv heard from my friends.

i know blue mountains has nice trails, im looking for easy fire trails not past katoomba.
If anyone know any then it would be great

Simon

You should do caves to caves via Kowmung River fire trail and range fire trail. I did it in my xtrail a few months ago. It's fairly easy with some challenging parts and water crossings. Nice wide track. Can get slippery if it's been raining heaps throughout the week though. It's from Jenolan caves to Wombeyan caves. Then head back to Liverpool via Hume from Mittagong. Fill up at Mount Victoria and you'll get home with half a tank still.

that sounds pretty good!

should i go from Jenolan to Wombeyan or the other way around?

would you be able to tell me exactly how to get there? and would i need another vehicle with me?

btw how long will it take from Jenolan to Wombeyan?

Cheers,

Simon

should i go from Jenolan to Wombeyan or the other way around?

Simon

My 2c is to make it a 2 day trip. Do the boring drive across the Blue Mtns to Jenolan Caves, then the track and if you don't find a nice camping spot along the track, stop at Wombeyan Caves for the night.

There are plenty of rough tracks around Wombeyan Caves that could fill in another half day.

We haven't done this particular track but have poked around a couple of parallel tracks further west a few decades ago. I think I had a complete set of topo maps to go from at the time.

Hey Simon. Sorry for the spelling guys, I'm using my iphone. I would do the Jenolan to Wombeyan way. Most sections are steep downhills which you will find easier then trying to go back up the other way. It can be done in a day no problems. I live in Wollongong and left at like 7:00am and was home at like 6:00pm. It's a big day but if your keen to camp, then there are heaps of camping spots around there. I stopped at a hiking shop in Katoomba to get a map of the area. You head through Jenolan caves and on to kanangra road. Towards then end of the road before the camping grounds you turn right on the Kowmung River Fire trail. Google maps kanangra road and check out the track.
Ill check my work schedule next week and might even come with ya an show ya. Love smashing the xtrail up.

Hey Docta, hell yer that sounds like a good plan. if wer both free then im keen as!

but for sure when my holiday starts, 21st, then im free to go anywhere, only limited by money haha.

Yeah mate for sure sounds good. Might exy f&*cked up on the weekend so might take a bit anyways to get it up and running again.

Ill try and borrow a mates nav and see how i go. Ill keep in touch.

Back