D22 3.0L egt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPTOR88

Reaction score
Hey guys I installed an egt gauge today and after driving to work the egt didn't really get above 200degrees. Is this normal? I've read people are getting like 600??? Boost is running around 18psi was the max I saw,
I have
3 inch stainless exhaust straight through
EGR blocked
Probe is behind turbo in the dump pipe

Mine reads low like that too. I don't know why. Its an auber instruments job. The thicker probe, mounted about 100mm down from the turbo flange, inserted 2/3 of the way into the 2.5" pipe. Reads ambient temps fine, read 100c boiling water when I tested it.

*idle; 90~120
*Cruising 60 in 4th; 140~160
*Cruising 100 in 5th; 200~210
*Peak before chip about 270
*peak after chip with 18psi boost 290

although i haven't had the chance to REALLY find the peak values as you would towing up a long hill.
I don't know why the temps are so low. can anyone explain why?

Last edited:
I have the same thing with mine around town, its not untill i load it up on a freeway or speeds above 80 or steep long hills that i get a reading and then it drops back under 200 quickly. With the probe in the dump.
I wouldent be worried as long as its working when its loaded up!

When hauling full load up a steep hill i will hit up to 450 on my gauge, thats when i back it off. Others take it further but i like to play it safe and ensure my pistons dont burn!

Good I'm happy it sounds like its normal. To make sure it worked I went up a pretty steep hill and it went to about 300 unloaded so that sounds about right.

what chip and what setting is it on?

^ Me? its a chip express, 7.5/10 setting - (slightly smoky on this setting at standard boost, but not at 18psi) but goes like shit off a shovel now. EGT figures I quoted are for a loaded steel tray with bad aero, anywhere between 200- 1200kg, its a 2004 zd30 full 2.5" zorst, snorkel, cyclone delete, egr delete, hyway egts are about 20c less unloaded and with rear ladder bar removed.

Last edited:
Back