D21 Build Log

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engineer said car was very close to compliant. I just have to refit the OEM taillight assemblies and resubmit as the aftermarket ones I had didn't have ECC markings indicating compliance with ADR 6.

Good outcome. :top:

Cheers Jason.

Just went for a drive in an area which borders on "Wandong Regional Park" (closed still) and did a few little creek crossings, as always it's nice to be impressed by what you can do in a stocker on HT tyres. Really nice area, running water, cool temps, nobody around.

Thanks for the praise, old_man_oz.

Building a steel workbench out of the old tray at the moment, I'm sick of working on the ground.

I think the next item is modifying the Z24 air con compressor mount bracket to fit the TD27. If there's space, I'll expand it to mount a second air con compressor for my endless air system, and tension the belt with same.

the hard works paid off ay! regard to the list of things you'd do different next time, i'm curious to know why "simply, buy a dual cab to start with" wasn't on there??? can't wait to see what you get your hands dirty with next! the fun times are just begining ay! no doubt your list 'to do' is as long as mine. will keep checking in to see where your at. nice work!

the hard works paid off ay! regard to the list of things you'd do different next time, i'm curious to know why "simply, buy a dual cab to start with" wasn't on there??? can't wait to see what you get your hands dirty with next! the fun times are just begining ay! no doubt your list 'to do' is as long as mine. will keep checking in to see where your at. nice work!

Cheers roundy, d21demon and mattd21.

matt, it may come as a surprise, but I probably wouldn't buy one to start with. I reckon it came out cheaper the way I did it. But that's just me :big_smile:

My to-do list is epic long, isn't everyones'?? Are you going to start a build log?

hey, yeah ummmmm, won't tell you what i paid for mine then. wasn't expensive. i will start a build log just want to get a few things started first (besides the boring bits). got to work out the pic thing too. ha ha. hopefully before christmas but depends on $$$. happy to sit back and watch others have the fun for now!

Yours is petrol though, yeah?

Took the Navara to VicRoads today, the mod is all dandy. And I got a new set of fancy slimline plates for it to wear.

Just more boring radio stuff again...

As it turns out, the Pulsar/D22/anything Nissan CD player I had fitted skips and jumps regularly and can't read a multitude of homebrew audio CDs.

So, I went looking for an alternative on eBay. I found a Delphi XTA-2400 and bought it, coz it was cheap and looked sort of OEM. It turned up yesterday, and boy am I happy. I worked out they are or were standard issue in Freightliner Coronados and are deemed "heavy duty".

I've worked out that through its ISO connector interface, it supports a CD changer, remote control and amplifier, and has a standard Aux In jack on the front whilst still looking black and boring, which is exactly what I want.

Big moment - my first track damage! I was doing all the water filled ruts on Dry Creek Track and I bent... wait for it.... my FR brake dust cover plate :big_smile:. So I bent it back but it had me worried for a bit there (GRIND SQUEAL GRIND...)

Fitted the new radio, works really well. Maybe an amp next?

BuildLog_006_001_Medium_.jpg

Cheers old_man_oz, mission accomplished, eh?

Now the starter solenoid is giving me grief. I really want an air starter but the Ingersoll Rand 3BMG is probably really expensive and hard to obtain, so I'll have to service this electric one. Did you know, the starter is the same for the TD27, QD32 and ZD30? Makes parts a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
Turns out it's not the starter, it's the ignition switch, jumping the small connector on the back of the starter solenoid to the +ve terminal on the battery starts it reliably.

Nice work mate. Looks good with the dual cab conversion. Im impressed. Now lets see some flex photos.

Cheers Sambo, welcome aboard. I'll see what I can do about those photos!

The machine is back on the road again, I installed a driving light relay into the starter circuit, a great reliability mod for any old car. In the D21 TD27, undo the big rectangular harness connector tucked in behind the battery, peel back the heatshrink on the female side of the connector, cut the black and yellow wire with some space to spare, and connect the side that goes to the ignition switch to the switch lug on the relay, and the side that goes to the starter solenoid to the ACC1 lug, power to the positive battery terminal and ground to the common chassis ground bolt.

My starter kicks over really easy now, the test of time will determine if it's solved my woes. I took the Navara up the street and back to make sure everything was still fine so I could rely on it to get me to work tomorrow, and wouldn't you know, got RBT'd twenty metres from my house. My street is only 60 metres. They told me off for not carrying my licence, which I specifically left behind to do a three second test drive on my street. Amazing.

tough luck mate!

my friend got done for supposedly doing a burn out at the T junction whilst going home and his house is at the corner of that T junction...it was not a burn out, but a simple slight spin of the wheels causing a squeal whilst turning at the junction.

2 months later he went to court, and had to pay a $400 fine and then had to wait 6 months to get his license back.

oh, and before that he had his car yellow sticker'ed for not having a cat converter which he admitted to, but thats because his car never came with one...was an old 1973 supra or something, lil drift machine haha. went over the pits and it was all fine!

Latest posts

Back