chipit DPF delete pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgermasi

Reaction score
I guys
I have a 2011 D40 RX Thai bulit and I'm just about to bite the bullet and buy a DPF delete pipe from chipit.

I'd appreciate if you could please pass on some feedback:

Who has it?
Any problem with it?

Thanks
Maximus

Problem with the dpf delete pipes if they then change the exhaust emission, making to car illegal in most states. One reason i went the Spain built as they don't have DPF best bet would be run a high flow DPF allowing better exhaust flow still been legal. Your 4x4 did a segment on dpf biggest problem with them is they need to get super hot to clean out, like 1000c. No car is going to get that hot around town. It all depends I guess on how you feel about car been legal or not. Maybe get and exhaust off a Spain auto or any manual and if you get in trouble play dum like you didn't know there was a different.

Thanks for the effort but i was after some feedback on the DPF delete pipe from chip it no on the stock DPF.
Cheers

Thanks for the effort but i was after some feedback on the DPF delete pipe from chip it no on the stock DPF.
Cheers

Yeah I understand that just offering another opinion as last thing you want is your car pinked due to a delete pipe.

Spain built has no DPF? I have a spain built '09 RX auto and I was under the impression it had one.

I believe not. Do you a DPF light on the dash. I was told taipan exhaust when looking for a new exhaust for my D40 that the Spain auto were lucky enough to miss out. Good for us as cheaper exhaust and can get them custom made. Climb under and look for a cat looking thing with a wire coming out of it. If you have that then you sadly have a DPF or the light on the dash when start up.

Last edited:
Got chip it Dpf delete. No probs with codes or limp mode. No change in economy slightly better response and pulling power. Run it with a chip and egr delete drives fairly well.

I installed the ChipIt DPF delete pipe at home.. Pretty straight forward job, just fiddly getting the "attachments" off and out.

I found the best solution was to leave the sensors on there and unplug them, then remove them whilst on a workbench.. CRC / WD40 the crap out of the bolts holding the DPF in place (I did my a day before to allow for maximum soak).. Also the rear "Flow" sensor (which is just a hollow tube that goes back up to the engine sensor) i found the hardest to get off.. really soaked it to within an inch of it's life..

Make sure you have a spanner / adjustable big enough to remove the O2 sensor.. it's 28mm..

The DPF itself weighs quite a bit, so if you're laying under the car doing it, be prepared to hold it up once all the bolts are undone..

I noticed not noticeable change in exhaust not - the only difference was seeing smoke out the rear on hard acceleration..

I had a definate increase in the fuel economy when I fitted mine, also only the 127kw engined auto D40 have DPF the 140kw dont so spanish and thai both have it, also unless your police officer knows specifically about d40 and actually bother to look he wouldnt know any different and d40 smoke a bit anyway

I had a definate increase in the fuel economy when I fitted mine, also only the 127kw engined auto D40 have DPF the 140kw dont so spanish and thai both have it, also unless your police officer knows specifically about d40 and actually bother to look he wouldnt know any different and d40 smoke a bit anyway

Good point on the cops. Mine is a 2012 st so a 2011 stx. So no dpf seen it has the 140kw. Ask me DPF are point less on utes anyway

Agree with most of what you have said except "...and d40 smoke a bit anyway". My auto 2008 D40 fitted with a DPF and with 115000km on the clock does not smoke at all. The manuals with no DPF do smoke but I've not yet seen a DPF fitted auto that smokes.

Latest posts

Back