chipit chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigger al

Reaction score
Gday guys,has any one had any problems with the chipit chip,iv had mine in for about 2 months and its been a pain in the ass,problem is when iv got the trailer or caravan on the chip plays up intermittently blows a stack of black smoke loose power then clears it self egts go up so it must be over fueling it self any help would be great before I pull all my hair out..

I have the chip module. This may be something you need to call Robert about. You EGT sensor might be set to low. Maybe you have other engine problems. What setting is it on? I'm on setting 7 with 17psi boost and don't have any issues.

Definitely ring ChipIT.

But in the mean time, do you have it connected to the TPS? Or the MAP sensor? I found the MAP was giving pretty erratic fueling,

Definitely ring ChipIT.

But in the mean time, do you have it connected to the TPS? Or the MAP sensor? I found the MAP was giving pretty erratic fueling,

Its to the maping sensor on the right hand side of the truck in the grill,I have it on tune 5,rang chipit told them what it was doing they said theyd ring back but havent heard from them as yet.

Definitely ring ChipIT.

Gday joshman were do you have your connecter to the map or TPS?

bigger al said:
Were abouts is the TPS on the engine,

The TPS is the throttle position switch, it's on your accelerator pedal.

But before following my advice, it would be best to phone chipit and get some proper advice on the problem.

Got on to chipit today and it looks like I had the EGTs set to high,any how took the truck for a run with the van on and not a problem after the reset of the EGTs set the bottom at 525 and top at 625.

Well problem with the chip going crazy has happened again,so back on to chipit WA it turned out to be a bad batch of modules,the guys at chipit couldn't be more helpful if they tried new chip in the post and the d40 nav is spot on,turbo lag gone problem solved,big thanks to the boys at mitchell bros 4x4 Sydney with there help sorting this problem out.

Been having probs with mine too, Robert going to sort it out, I just haven't had chance to get it back over to him. And I can't remove it cos it aint that easy on the 550.

I must give him a bell and get it sorted

Been having probs with mine too, Robert going to sort it out, I just haven't had chance to get it back over to him. And I can't remove it cos it aint that easy on the 550.

I must give him a bell and get it sorted

Just go straight to chipit in WA thats what I did and they will help, and make shore you have your purchase receipt they will need to no the date it was purchased.

been thinking about getting a chipit chip. do they really increase fuel economy etc or is it just hype to sell???

ordered mine on monday cant wait for it to get,express post is not all that express lol 5 days and waiting

Last edited:
been thinking about getting a chipit chip. do they really increase fuel economy etc or is it just hype to sell???

power increase for sure but if you drive it hard you will use more fuel,but no need to drive hard because you have so much more power you just rest your foot on the throttle and your ouya here.

finally got my chip hold up with the EGT guage slowed things down.
Before i start playing around with it can anyone with a chipit in a D40 give me some advice on what tunes have what effect on performance and where did you put the EGT probe into the exuast.
Cheers

Back