Chip It MK3 Dominator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71MME

Reaction score
Would just like to put it out there, I had had this chip on for just over a week, the power is smooth and pulls hard right from idle, it feels more powerful on 24psi than it ever did on the previous MK1 tune with 32 psi!!!

anyone else running one of these and have they upped the tune at all?

Hey mate. I'm runnin the dom 3 on tune 5 for both dials. Really responsive a dh raps of extra power. Have not installed egt yet or fuel limiter. Only thing I noticed is under heavy acc, intermittently I'll get a huge puff of black smoke. And noticeably less power. U have any issues with urs? And what tune u running?

Hey mate. I'm runnin the dom 3 on tune 5 for both dials. Really responsive a dh raps of extra power. Have not installed egt yet or fuel limiter. Only thing I noticed is under heavy acc, intermittently I'll get a huge puff of black smoke. And noticeably less power. U have any issues with urs? And what tune u running?
You will have to fit the limiter mate it's a bugger of a job the ecu is confused and backing off the power due to the massive increase in the rail.

Yeh was thinking the same. Holding out coz I heard its a bit of prick job. But only a week ago I had to pull chip out. One morning started it up and was smoking like a chimney, missing its head off, running like an absolute pig. Car wouldn't idle so chip came out. Can't say I'm super impressed to be honest had massive limp mode problems, thought that was rectified then this. Over it completely. Had the chip for 2-3 months but only ran good for a week. Buyers beware.

It's gone into limp mate try speaking to chipit no backup i won't fit that limeter to my rail and nor can i get the leverage to remove the old one but it's still for sale the chip that is.

I don't understand? Ur selling?? I won't waste anymore time with chipit. They are a huge waste of time. Terrible company that will not have any more of my time.

Just to update this, the whole chip it system was removed from my car, after cause some major issues, and I now run a UNI-Chip q4 withinjector drivers, Best thing i ever did!

Just to update this, the whole chip it system was removed from my car, after cause some major issues, and I now run a UNI-Chip q4 withinjector drivers, Best thing i ever did!

You and me both Tim.
Accept I haven't got the uni chip yet haha

Any chip is ok if the car is tuned properly. I have had the Mk2 for many years and had no issues with it

Im thinking about getting a unichip, but im only really interested in increasing low down torque & reducing lag.
Do u think id be happy with a unichip?

Id love to know the answer to that one too...my thinking is no tho....short of getting that turbo to spool just off idle (which isnt going to happen with the gt2056v) and some more fuel....well mabee not much more at idle.. i think were not going to get the gains most people are looking for...is it just the yd25 engine? Diffrent turbo mabee? Mine is getting pretty pokey just after 2000 but nothing under 2000....just smoke

You'd be better off getting an ecu remap I'd say. Getting it thrown on a dyno and tuning to suit the type of driving you do will improve it a lot more than any chip will...

Bugga, might just to live with fact that we need revs. Does a free flowing exhaust do much?

I dint think so...i did a 3" and a apollo filter at the same time and i felt like i lost low down torque.....others might have a diffrent veiw tho

Even with my compound setup It only really starts to "kick" at 1200rpm, 750 - 1200 is still pretty sluggish although I haven't had it tuned yet

Latest posts

Back