Chip it Limp mode. Help!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoY

Reaction score
Hi. I've got a 2012 Spanish ST. Just recently had a 3" exhaust and chip it chip Dom 3 installed. Ran fine for 3 days then boom, limp mode. Vdc light came on. Switched it off then on again and vdc light went off but cil came on. After 20 mins ran fine but check engine light is still on. Any ideas? Car went into Limp home mode while under heavy acceleration. Fuel limit cut off maybe???

Any help much appreciated! As far as I know it's a mild tune. 5 and 6.

Cheers

First thing I could suggest is turning the chip right down and seeing what happens. Unusual that the VDC light came on, but the engine light might relate to overboosting or excessive fuel rail pressure. Try without the chip (might have to reset the ECU) and see what it does. It could be unrelated - that model had turbo actuator issues if I recall, so checking the operation of that might be a good idea - but best to do when the chip isn't interfering because those chips can control the turbo too.

Can I use a obdii scan tool or do I need to go to nissan to reset ecu? I have access to a ultrascan tool that does obdii, would that do? Thanks tony.

Sweet. Ill scan it tomorrow after work and see what it comes up with. I'm guessing it may be fuel pressure to low. I do have a fuel limiter which I haven't fitted yet. Mainly coz I'm too lazy, but I thought with a mild tune I wouldn't need it. Maybe tune is not mild after all. Power gains btw were bloody awesome.

You might get it to reset the ECU but if it doesn't, there's a simple way (which doesn't require anything except a spanner).

1) Write down your trip meter values (if you use them)
2) Get your radio PIN number so it's handy
3) Remove the battery NEGATIVE lead
4) Put your foot on the BRAKE pedal, count to 5, release
5) Put the lead back on the battery, enter the radio PIN - you're done.

Beautiful. That's nice and easy. Cheers Tony, ur like my d40 angel. Huge big book of knowledge.

As simple as this sounds, check it anyway......

Just take some time to ensure the module is actually plugged in properly and all the little connectors are contacting properly. After being in the car for 12 months with no issues, mine started doing this out of the blue. I took the module out and through some trial and error narrowed it down to this very simple issue.

Runs perfectly fine again with no errors coming up. You can check it with the blanking plug they supply but mine needed some fiddling with to get rid of the check engine light and that's what alerted me to the issue in the first place!

I would call chipit the fuel limiter is only needed for high tunes so it's probably safe to rule that out but then again it's only early day's with that chip and as they are asking for test cars perhaps even they will be unable to help best of luck.
John

Ok got car scanned. But on the way there my cel was off. Ok nice. Anyway scan came up with p0642 which I believe is a power circuit malfunction. Any ideas why this would happen? Faulty chip?

Yeh checked all plugs and connectors twice. All good.

However I had chip secured to top of rocker cover when it happened. I have sinced moved it to the side. maybe sitting on top of engine it was too hot and malfunctioned? Driving today seemed to be ok?? Strange

I found injector plugs quite difficult to 'click' in. Also if a harness is secured too tightly between body and engine the torque of the engine could stretch harness giving you a broken contact, perhaps?

Yeh could be. Food for thought I guess. Anything is possible. Just waiting on a reply from rob to see what the go is with my missing jumpers in my chip. C

They sure can be a painful mob to deal with, I suppose all would have been ok if the Dom3 was kept under wraps until it was ready but I guess they needed to get a foot in the door or everyone would have bought unichip. I sincerely hope their product makes this all worth while. How long did you wait for yours anyway? Mine was almost 6 months after I paid for it and I procrastinated for a bit over a month prior to that.

Latest posts

Back