changing clutch fluid

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hit 50,000K's on the nav, and bled the clutch, mostly because I had some fluid left over from the gearbox (I think it's the gearbox) and I had taken the bash plates off so decided to do as much as possible.

I pretty much did all my fluids, but that's becasue I get em cheap. If you're worried, just do it, takes less than a liter and with 2 people is a 10 minute job

It's an easy job, better to do with two people. Just get Someone at the top to keep the reservoir full and the other under the car to crack the bleed nipple. Gravity will do the job for you so just let it flow till new clean fluid comes through and then tighten the bleed nipple back up. If you do need to pump the pedal it is spring loaded and will stay to the floor and you will need to bleed it from the master cylinder bleed nipple aswell. Hope this helps.

I did mine the other day, took about 30 minutes with the missus helping. I made her do all the pedal work. You will need to bleed the air out as you go or it will take a very long time to get all the old fluid out.

I would recommend putting at least 200 ml of fluid through once empty to help minimise any contamination from different brake fluids.( yes it's brake fluid).

Don't forget to have the motor running when you bleed out the last little bit of air. The vibration gets all the air bubbles to come to the top bleed point.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back