Calmini Upper Control Arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before installing the UCA's i only had 10mm or so before hitting the bumpstops.

Exactly like me. 10-15mm before UCAs. And the ride was no different compared to now that i have like 25-30mm. So cranking it up back to 10-15mm WITH UCAs, makes the car back to square one for me, but with the front lifted.
Mines back to the mechanics Thursday, will see how it goes.

Hi all, I had new 265/75r16 fitted the other day on 0 offset and they are great but I noticed that my down travel had gone from maybe 15mm to 0mm would the tyre change do this or the more likely the 4x4 store wound up my tortion bars to make the bigger tyres fit easier? If it helps I have a 2010 D22 with 2 inch Efs lift

id say they wound the torsions up, tyres wont change down travel

I assumed as much, very annoying I'm not sure why one of perths best 4wd stores would do that!!!
Thanks for your reply looks like I'll be getting a new UCA sooner than I planned

I assumed as much, very annoying I'm not sure why one of perths best 4wd stores would do that!!!
Thanks for your reply looks like I'll be getting a new UCA sooner than I planned

Go and ask them.
How do you find the efs suspension. I was thinking of trying it.

Theres a set of uca's on ebay at the moment search for D22 Navara Lift Kit, you might get a bargain.

there not mine, i just happened to see them. i already have a set in the shed otherwise i would have put a bid on.

what ride heights are you guys running, bottom of rim to guard?

Go and ask them.
How do you find the efs suspension. I was thinking of trying it.

Yeah mate I took it in to them and they dropped it down 10mm. And the EFS is great a lot better than stock although quite firm in the rear with nothing in the tray.

Ok confusion and jealousy has struck me again... :mad:
Is there different "versions" UCA's out there ? I know that calloffroad and/or superior are re-badged calmini arms (so i've been told a few times) , but is there other brands or series we don't know about ?

Reason for asking is, this morning, i pulled up next to a d22 and it sat higher and level than mine did, yet it had a shitload of bump stop gap... They definitely looked like the Calmini ones to me though. What is going on...

hodge have u got a bodylift? if not the other nav probably did. there would be the extra height.

900mm, could go to 940mm with the new UCA's but i like the down travel

900mm would be from the ground?
i have about 805mm from bottom of the rim to the guard, and that's with a bodylift.

I have asked this before. Didn't get wet many answers. You'd end up getting alot of metal to metal contact

I've thought about doing this but I don't think it would be worth it. When the bump stops are fully compressed there's only about 10mm between control arm and the chassis. Cutting them down would achieve SFA in my opinion

hodge have u got a bodylift? if not the other nav probably did. there would be the extra height.

No body lift on mine, but no body lift on the other nav either. First i saw that nav was from the front and instantly noticed how the wheels are more sucked into the car, and his clearance. So i swooped in on it like an eagle for a closer look and yeh ... I wasnt gonna take any pics in the case the owner runs down the driveway, with a shotty or something.

No body lift on mine, but no body lift on the other nav either. First i saw that nav was from the front and instantly noticed how the wheels are more sucked into the car, and his clearance. So i swooped in on it like an eagle for a closer look and yeh ... I wasnt gonna take any pics in the case the owner runs down the driveway, with a shotty or something.

My first thoughts would have been bodylift also, maybe a small custom one?

If not, there probably is some variation between navara's and how they were built. He may be lucky and gets more clearance.

I know on some of the tyre threads, some guys could fit certain tyres with no problems, but others may need slight trimming etc.

Or the other possibility is he may have fitted ball joint spacers between the UCA and ball joint?

Attachments

• BallJointSpacer02t.jpg
    BallJointSpacer02t.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back