Calmini Upper Control Arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That last pic looks like the front is high enough to me. Keep in mind if you make the front level with the back, when camping with gear loaded up, the back will sag down a bit. You dont want the back lower then the front, so a little lower on the front is fine.

How much bump stop room have you got left in the last pic? And are your rear leaf springs brand new also?

Think i had about 19mm gap left (bump stop to UCA), but that is with the front a little lower like i mentioned. My torsions have sagged a little so will be cranking them back up this weekend.

Pete

Last edited:
That last pic looks like the front is high enough to me. Keep in mind if you make the front level with the back, when camping with gear loaded up, the back will sag down a bit. You dont want the back lower then the front, so a little lower on the front is fine.

How much bump stop room have you got left in the last pic? And are your rear leaf springs brand new also?

Think i had about 19mm gap left (bump stop to UCA), but that is with the front a little lower like i mentioned. My torsions have sagged a little so will be cranking them back up this weekend.

Pete

the last pic is on a jack at the hieght he wants it to sit mate.
so he cant properly measure as he hasnt actually wound the bars up yet from my understanding

the last pic is on a jack at the hieght he wants it to sit mate.
so he cant properly measure as he hasnt actually wound the bars up yet from my understanding

Yeah ok just re read his post. All he can do is raise it to around 15-20mm bump stop clearance and then live with it. Not much you can do with the Navara's.

Down travel is more important then having a level car, if you like to go off road anyhow.

all you can do is actually wind them up then see what gap you have and adjust accordinly.
you should have no worries getting it level and still have a good 20mm gap if not more seen as you only have a 2" lift.

They dont acually let you wind the bars up another 3" they give you enough room to match a 3" lift and still have a safe gap between the arm and bumpstop,generally people say 10mm or 15mm (different opinions)

Yeh i know that Craig, and it makes sense what you said about jacking it up, vs. the torsion wind up. With the weight of wheels, the mechanical theory behind it says, you would get different results.

Pete

Hey Pete. I'm aware of the back sagging after loaded, which is, even with that LEVEL photo, i still left it saggy up front a bit to compensate for that. And my leafs are not new, theyre the OME ones that got fitted with the lift, about a year ago. They still kept their height.
As for the gap, from UCA to bump stop, i didnt measure it, but the photo isnt showing it justice, i reckon there was at least 20mm.

All in all, i'm aware i'll be losing down travel, and possibly a smoother ride. But i'm willing to live with that. I just got confused, that i didnt even get a 2" lift out of them without serioisuly closing the gap between bump stops, yet these apparently allow a 3" ? I probably sound too pedantic about it, but the car riding nose down, absolutely shits me to tears!

hope you get the hieght you want mate,i cant stand it when my utes low in the front either.its crazy how an inch or 2 can change the look so much.
let us know what you end up with gap wise.

hope you get the hieght you want mate,i cant stand it when my utes low in the front either.its crazy how an inch or 2 can change the look so much.
let us know what you end up with gap wise.

Will do mate i'll post back as soon as i get it done and sorted. I'm pretty sure the mechanic was aiming for the centre fit between bump stops, i should have made it more clearer that i wanted the car level at the cost of down travel. We'll see what happens.

Will do mate i'll post back as soon as i get it done and sorted. I'm pretty sure the mechanic was aiming for the centre fit between bump stops, i should have made it more clearer that i wanted the car level at the cost of down travel. We'll see what happens.

Yeah i was left with about 20mm gap. I used and old 19 thick decking board cut off (short length lol) to use as a tool to compare each sides gap. 20mm gap is better then the 10mm i had before the new arms.

When company's advertise 3" lifts, its a bit off bullshit. Like you have said, 3" with no down travel left.

Also, it is very easy to adjust the height yourself if you want to play around with it. As long as your torsion bars have been indexed correctly, its as simple as tightening up the bolts to add more height?

all the best

Pete

how did everyone go with brake lines when fitting the uca's? standard brake lines long enough?

havent had an issue with the brakelines yet,arms have been fitted for a while now.

have fun when u have to replace the tie rod ends and centre drag link because these arms put to much angle on the tie rods

is it the arms or the ride height that causes it?

if i haveta replace stuff later then so be it.

ill only be raising a few more mm than i have now, to match the 2 inches i have in the rear.
i'm thinking the extra inch of down travel will be nice, as i dont have a lot left atm.

ill only be raising a few more mm than i have now, to match the 2 inches i have in the rear.
i'm thinking the extra inch of down travel will be nice, as i dont have a lot left atm.

How high you go will change how much extra force is being put on parts. The higher you go, cv's, tie rods etc are put on more of an angle.

I wouldnt worry about it if you only going around 2".

I left about 19mm between the bumpstop to control arm. Not sure how much the bumpstop compressors, but its still stuff all down travel..lol. See how it goes. Before installing the UCA's i only had 10mm or so before hitting the bumpstops.

i've got about 15mm gap atm i think. so should have about 25mm maybe? when the arms go in. ill be cranking it up another 5-10mm in ride height to level it out.
sits a little higher in the rear atm, which i don't really like.

i've got about 15mm gap atm i think. so should have about 25mm maybe? when the arms go in. ill be cranking it up another 5-10mm in ride height to level it out.
sits a little higher in the rear atm, which i don't really like.

Up to you mate. I would like to have mine about 25mm, but the front would sit way to low. Around the 18-20mm seems like a compromise for mine.

Just reset mine to that, and with my camping box put in the back, its almost level now. Might put the rest of my gear in tonight and if the back comes down anymore, ill lower the front slightly.

I hate the shit wheel travel...lol

Pete

Back