Calmini Upper Control Arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys..... Just a question here due to my lack of knowledge.....

What benefits are there in replacing your Upper Control Arms with these Calmini ones? Is it purely Wheel Travel & if so.... how? Does it allow for longer shocks or something?

What other benefits is there?

rob

look under your car from the front,you got your lca and uca in the middle you have a arm comeing of the chassi which has a round rubber thing on top of it being the bump stop so it doesnt hit metal on metal,when you lift your ute that rubber stop gets closer to the uca giveing it bugger all room to move (down travel),the calmini arms give you that space back so you can level out your ute by winding the torsion bars but without takeing away your down travel and also fix alighnment issues you would have from haveing stock ucas and a lift.
the calmini ones will make it much less stressful on your ute.

Guys..... Just a question here due to my lack of knowledge.....

What benefits are there in replacing your Upper Control Arms with these Calmini ones? Is it purely Wheel Travel & if so.... how? Does it allow for longer shocks or something?

What other benefits is there?

rob

Better angle on the ball joint for bump stop
Clearance and better for heel alignments

i believe so,i havent because im goinmg back to nsw soon and dont want to go through the process twice.some guys have just painted them black

might be wrong but im pretty sure you can get them mod plated,give zordo a call he would most likely know.

My UCAs arrived today, so booked in for fitting, torsion adjustment and alignment etc... Looking forward to it.

How long did it take for the UCA's to arrive from when your payment went through until they arrived at your front door?

i payed for mine on a monday (plugged the numbers into the computer,paid by card through paypal)dont know when it cleared,they were on my door step the following tuesday (8 days).delivered to townsville

Does anybody know what the legalities with these are in Vic ??? Seen a set today on a nav at the show today and they stand out like dogs nuts.

Paint them black. Go through a couplle bog holes, no longer noticeable

yeah i spoke to an engineer and he said they're legal if you paint them black ;)

OK folks. Need some opinions here. Got my Calmini UCAs fitted yesterday. Gave my shocks more room, gave more bump stop clearance, as for the height, it gave me sweet f*** all. I don't know how you're meant to get 3" out of this, when i can't even get an inch and a half, without getting seriously close to the upper bump stops. All i am after is to level my car out, nothing less, nothing more. This means 30-40mm extra lift up front for me. Heres some photos i took, before and after...

1st of each photo is after UCAs were fitted and sitting as the car is normally. Second photo of each is me jacking up the car to height i need it to be. As you can see bump stops are getting really close... What gives ???

hey mate, jacking the car and winding the TB up will give different results.
actually wind them to were you want,drop the car of the jacks take it for a quick lap then look at the clearence

hey mate, jacking the car and winding the TB up will give different results.
actually wind them to were you want,drop the car of the jacks take it for a quick lap then look at the clearence

yeh i figured that, but the down-travel of the wheels including upper and lower arms won't change will it ? it would still close the bump stop gaps ?

it will still close in on the bump stops when you jack it yes but not to where it will actually sit on the ground
. you have alot of space as it sits on the ground now,from the fist pic id say over an inch gap?so that will cose dow when you wind them up,wind them up to were you want and then measure the gap again (after bouncing it up and down or takeing it for a spin to settle it in to position),if you have more than 15mm your fine

hard to explain but when you just jack it to the hieght you want it the wheels dont have weight on them so they just hang down ,not really showing you accuratly how it would sit when on the ground

Last edited:
They dont acually let you wind the bars up another 3" they give you enough room to match a 3" lift and still have a safe gap between the arm and bumpstop,generally people say 10mm or 15mm (different opinions)

Latest posts

Back