boost gauge tapping intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubasteve

Reaction score
gday guys
im looking at getting a boost gauge for my 2.5cr nav and ive seen a few of you guys have found that you get a more stable reading by putting the sensor into the cold side of the intercooler. I also know that some of you guys have tee'd into the wastegate piping aswell. Ive looked at mine and i cant make any sense of it as im not 100% on turbos. My main question is how i can tap the intercooler. I know ive seen Rusty welded a nut onto it but I cant weld or anythng so i was thinking of just using a tapping tool and tapping a thread into a hole and just screwing the sensor into it. Has anyone done this before? or think it would be a problem? The main issue i can think of could be that the metal isnt thick enough to get an effective tap.
any ideas would be great
cheers
steve

just tap into the factory sendor pipe

easiest way

if u tap b4 the intercooler you will get a variance to what actually goes into the engine

no boost sensor on the d22 yd25's unfortunately...

the intercooler is thick enough to tap a fitting into, although i did mine off the wastegate line at the turbo, being a top mount there's not a lot of boost lost between there and the intercooler anyway

i havn't had a look at the setup but i would tap inlet manifold or between IC and manifold.

Mine is T'd into the lnto the wastegate line along with my manuel boost T and after getting it dyno'd it was showing a 100% acurate reading so happy with that

I did mine on the weekend just gone, i tapped into the intercooler piping on the cold side, just before the 90 elbow. The biggest problem I had was finding a tap for the bsp thread, I went to all the hose and fitting places and none of them had a metric screw barb fitting. I'll post a photo of it in a few days

Mine is T'd into the lnto the wastegate line along with my manuel boost T and after getting it dyno'd it was showing a 100% acurate reading so happy with that

I'll eventually be lookin at a boost tee but I'm hopeless with how turbos and what pipes are what because it all looks like solid metal piping. I'm guessing ill eventually have to replace it with some soft pipe ect

The waste gate line off of the turbo is soft mate, just slice it and T straight into it..... Opposite Lock fitted all of my gauges and Allstar Tuning and Performance did the boost T when it got dyno'd

The waste gate line off of the turbo is soft mate, just slice it and T straight into it..... Opposite Lock fitted all of my gauges and Allstar Tuning and Performance did the boost T when it got dyno'd

Have you got any photos of the T? I would also like to know

T the boost gauge into the inlet manifold.
fitting it to the turbo (T the wastegate line) only tells you what the turbo is outputing, not what the engine is getting.
really handy when intercoolers/pipes split.
also you loose boost pressure through the intercooler so the turbo output pressure is never the true boost pressure.

I tapped my intercooler with a Metric M10 thread. I'd recommend going a Metric thread, as the metric bits seal with a rubber O ring rather than interference, which reduces the risks of accidentally over-tightening and wrecking the thread; the intercooler is quite soft as far as things go! If you need BSP, just pick up an adapter from ENZED.

anywhere on the inlet manifold is the best and most accurate reading of positive pressure. Grab a t pce and tap in to one of the factory vacuum hoses.

Latest posts

Back