bonnet pops up while driving

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As above.

I'm not here to send people on a wild goose-chase. My initial comments were about what others were referring to with missing recall information - the recall for my car was not on the recall.gov.au site yet my car was recalled.

The link I referred to was to the recall.gov.au page for

Nissan-D22 Navara

and it lists the VIN numbers it applies to as:

Vin Range:JN1ADGD22AO040194, JN1ANUD22AO030018 to JN1ANUD22AO030066, JN1CNUD22AO049967 to JN1CNUD22AO050160, JN1CDGD22AO040145, JN1CRUD22AO020896 to JN1CRUD22AO020918

It also lists the problem as:

Owing to a possible combination of causes of the spot welding condition, the spot welds between the hood lock support and the hood inner panel may separate. If the vehicle is driven without awareness of the unlatched hood lock, the hood may open unexpectedly while driving.

So I'm sorry if I might have referred to the D40 earlier but I was talking about the D22 and suggested that he look up his VIN and check it against the correct list for the D22 recall.

Let's make sure we understand that. It's a recall on the recall.gov.au site for the:

D22

Sheesh. Well, now I've supplied the VIN numbers here instead of just repeating the advice to go look it up by himself. While I could drive down to his house and look up his VIN, I think that you're asking way, way too much.

ye i went on that site last nite and printed the list of vins off and il check them today see how i go
thats for the input

well i checked the vin numbers. it dusnt seem to be the same ive got a pic of my vin. do u think nissan would still do a recall on it?
IMAG0207.jpg

after ive was looking around under there and tryed to figue out how the locking mechanisem work i think ive found y it might be popping up.
im not sure if its missing a spring to hold it in place.
IMAG0208.jpg

this pic shows u how the latch just moves freely. its like it need a spring at the bottom to hold it locked.
IMAG0209.jpg

i just wont to find out if that latch that im pointing at in the pic is free to move on other ppls d22's. coz if it is missing a spring il just go to the wreckers and find a new one. if everyone elc's is free to move well im back to square one and i think it will be time to take it to some one

Just had a look at mine, YD25, and looks like the same set up.
Mine does have a smaller diameter spring (about the same length) underneath the big one in the picture attached to the arm where the arrow is pointing.
Looks like you are missing that spring.

oh thanx for having a look. well i think thats my problem then coz im pritty sure the spring hold it into lock

Latest posts

Back