bogging down

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some help guys.
My new engine and turbo, 11000 k old has started to hesitate when accelerating in 4th gear from about 70kph up to 90 kph...it never used to do it but has just started doing it.

I had it at the dyno shop and they couldn't find anything...so $200 later its still doing it..
as soon as I drove it home there it was at the same speed I told them it was doing it....its so obvious but they couldn't find it....freaking annoying..

anyone have any ideas what might be causing it...

Thanks

joe

I need some help guys.
My new engine and turbo, 11000 k old has started to hesitate when accelerating in 4th gear from about 70kph up to 90 kph...it never used to do it but has just started doing it.

I had it at the dyno shop and they couldn't find anything...so $200 later its still doing it..
as soon as I drove it home there it was at the same speed I told them it was doing it....its so obvious but they couldn't find it....freaking annoying..

anyone have any ideas what might be causing it...

Thanks

joe

Remove the aftermarket filter and fit a Nissan one. Take it for a hard drive for half an hour. It should hopefully help.

I don't want to sound ignorant, but what is the NPS and where is it?
NPS stands for neutral postion switch. This switch tells the ECY when its in neutral. In the d22 they are known to fail.
So what it does when you driving the car will cut out. ECU thinks its in neutral so it will shut off fuel to the car nothing major 2 things to do either disconect it ir replace it

thank you everyone
I will disconnect it tomorrow and see if the problem goes away...

thanks again

before you disconnect it, while driving in 3rd and 4th gear, push the stick hard to the left and to the right while u have power loss, if it comes back its definately the NPS so just go ahead and replace it.

^^ The test doesnt always show a problem. My car was fine when dojng that. But when i disconnected the nps could feel the power came back

before you disconnect it, while driving in 3rd and 4th gear, push the stick hard to the left and to the right while u have power loss, if it comes back its definately the NPS so just go ahead and replace it.

the power loss I have is a jerky motion...like cutting in and out then around a 100km it feels smooth enough but it wont excellerate as hard as it used to..

I think I will get one anyway and try it out...theyr $66 from Nissan, so its not too costly..

did you change the switch and did it fix the problem?
i done evey test that was available and no signs of it beeing a nps. I searched evey were and still couldnt figure out so I changed it and magic all the cuting out in 3rd and 4th went ute got back all of its power. Its a common problem your not the only one i reackon 80%of them have been changed if not all lol you have noting to lose change it and see how you go good luck

yeah you convinced me subz123.
if you tested it and nothing showed up yet when you changed the NPS it all worked again, so im getting it tomorrow..

can you get to it from under the car or do you have to go from the top?
does it screw in or ???
thanks for everyones help

yeah you convinced me subz123.
if you tested it and nothing showed up yet when you changed the NPS it all worked again, so im getting it tomorrow..

can you get to it from under the car or do you have to go from the top?
does it screw in or ???
thanks for everyones help
Under the car from memory theres to other plugs but not sure witch one. It's the top one near the gear stick hopefully one of the boys will corect me
Good luck let us know how u go

Remove the gear console/armrest/rubber seal etc which is pretty straight forward. All you need is a philips head screw driver and a 10mm spanner.
The NPS switch is on the RH side of the gearbox gearlever yoke housing.
It's the upper-most switch pictured here with the blue top and two white wires
file.php

thanks Stelianos
I ordered one today, it will be ready for pick up tomorrow and then on Saturday im fitting it..
it will be soo good to have all the power back. its a PITA the way it is now...

Back