blown injector pump??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wunlowcourier

Reaction score
Hey guys. My brother in law has an 04 d22 with the zd30. He was driving down the highway the other day and the ute just cut out completely.he got it towed back to where he was staying and checked a few things and found the engine control 3 fuse blown along with the audio one. He replaced them and turned the ignition to on and they blew again.couldn't find anything else so replaced them again and same thing happened. He then found the wire from his chip that piggy backs one of the wires on the back of the injection pump had earthed out on the manifold. He repaired it and replaced the fuses again and this time they didn't blow but it won't fire. It cranks over but won't fire. He replaced the ecu just today and same thing happens. He's tried leaving the battery disconnected for a while but still doesn't work with the old and new ecu. Could the pump be fried? Cheers in advance

Have a look in the manual (pdf available on here) to see if the fuel pump has any other fuses - also look at all the main fuses (that big cluster of them under the bonnet).

If the wire from the chip that piggybacks on th the fuel pump is the one that earth out it probably fried the chip, not the fuel pump.Disconnect all the chip wiring and see if it goes. Also check the wire it piggy backed on to and make sure it isn't broken.

I had a Unichip in mine, caused mine to shut down to. Removed the chip and all good so far, thats like 20,000km's ago.

Well he's bought a low kilometre second hand one and he's started to change them.he has a diesel fitter helping him but they can't find a workshop manual on the process. Lindsay says its a 5 hour job to pull out and another 5 to reinstall. Has anyone done it? And would anyone else know what the problem would be if it isn't the pump. He's tried the ecu already with no luck.

Latest posts

Back