Bent Chassis

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatross

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experence with a bent chassis on a D22?
Mine has ARB front bar with side steps and brush bars fitted and on the last tassie west coast trip took a big hit to the front drivers side right on the bar, I'll get a pic up to show it.
The drag link was banana shaped after too, was a interesting drive home but after getting the drag link replaced and the wheels aligned along with some new tie rod ends for good order, it still feels a bit not right. I know the larger tyres do this but it certinatly wasent this bad before.
Im guessing bent chassis but looking for other solutions?
The bar has definatly moved across and back but I cant see any movement in the mounting bolts.
The rear end is showing no wear in the tyres so im figuring its ok, the rear diff is a bit stuffed but changed out the oil and that calmed tht down, but the car still feels like its crab walking abit.
Any tips?

Attachments

• bar damage.jpg
    bar damage.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 211
Get a wheel alignment as a start. If it cannot be aligned you then give it to a panel shop qualified to straighten chassis.

im playing this game too. the body has moved off the mounts on the front end for me and at half turn left hand down i scrub the back of the guard to the point where it is chipping tyres and bend the rear guard. i've been quoted in the thousands to straighten the chassis/pull everything off and reset the body on the mounts. not much fun! i feel your pain

Find a panel shop that does large smash repair work as they will have auto robots or car aligners which can square your chassis up to within a couple of mm. Some of the smaller panel shops don't have the right gear.

Cheers Mick.

Latest posts

Back