Beaudesert Install with pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNYSTRUCK

Reaction score
So i spent 7 hours yesterday installing my new 2.75" straight through beaudesert exhaust. Received my exhaust Monday so i spent the week lubricating nuts and bolts etc. I think this helped. Hardest part was removing the long threads at the bottom of the turbo housing. I did it though using the double nut trick and lots of patience. I used a tent pole to hold up the bonnet so i could sit in the engine bay to work. Some good comparisons of old vs new aswell

Attachments

• P4080014.jpg
    P4080014.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 1,212
  • P4080019.jpg
    P4080019.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 1,115
  • P4080029.jpg
    P4080029.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 1,161
  • P4080032.jpg
    P4080032.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1,097
  • P4080034.jpg
    P4080034.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,180
I put a rubber stopper on the bottom of my greaseable shackle so you dont get that metal on metal sound from the exhaust tip. Dump pipe comes with a hole ready for an EGT Probe too which is handy. Was a great little kit to install. I had fun doing it. Sounds sweet now. Great little Turbo whistle. Drove everywhere in it today. Its not overly loud either. Quality system highly recommended piece of kit. Enjoy

Attachments

• P4080045.jpg
    P4080045.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • P4080038.jpg
    P4080038.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 928
  • P4080049.jpg
    P4080049.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 927
  • P4090002.jpg
    P4090002.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 910
It certainly picks up when you put the boot in at cruise. Overtook someone today. It was pretty responsive. Holds speed better on hills too. Want to get it in 4L and see how it goes on hill climbs etc....happy with so far. We'll see if fuel economy changes too

Does your new system have a muffler or did you get it without? Hows the noise level?

Straight through...its not very loud. Definately louder than standard. Turbo whistle sounds great with the snorkel and Unifilter fitted.

Well worth the $$$ gr8 kit.

Fuel economy is better too....

Which part in the pic of the exhaust is the cat? I was looking for mine yesterday but im not sure what it looks like.

Which part in the pic of the exhaust is the cat? I was looking for mine yesterday but im not sure what it looks like.

The cat is housed in the first section of the exhaust pipe that bolts directly to the turbo housing.

So is that the first piece in the picture of the full length exhaust? thanks

correct - the cat (catalytic converter) is inside that first section than runs off the back of the turbo and then down parallel to the fire wall.

Don't want to high jack,

but i called Beaudesert to order on monday not realising it was QLD's labour day. The return phone call came at 8am on the dot on Tuesday. I ordered the 2 3/4" standard spec. i was informed i'll see it before Friday. It turned up today Wednesday at 7am. WOW! these guys are ver professional and the exhaust looks very good, everything is double checked before they ship it. I was almost speechless..

On another note for everyone the dump pipe comes with a 1/8" BSP nut already welded on which saves everyone when fitting there pyro.

It's like xmas but i have to wait to for the penetrating oil to work before i remove it on saturday. also just a tip ladies and gents, double nuts to remove studs usually works but for under $25 you can get a stud removal tool.

Ive been speaking to Noel a bit this week, going out on friday to pick up a new exhaust and will have a crack at fitting it up over the weekend. Hopefully shouldnt be too difficult. Any tips/advice you can give?

I'm waiting for mine to arrive. How long did it take from ordering to getting it? This will be helpful, but I think mine has the muffler not the straight through

Picked up the exhaust today, will have a crack at fitting it over the weekend. It says on the instructions that the front drive shaft needs to be removed to remove/install exhaust. Did anyone have to do this?

Yeah you'll need to disconnect it and just tie it out of the way. Just make sure you markit so you can put it back on the same way, thats important for balancing it.

Ah true. Hadnt counted on that. Also, im guessing its easier to remove and install the exhaust in sections, as opposed to one complete piece. Or at least install/remove the dump pipe seperate from the rest yeah?

yep, remove from rear to front then put back front to back...1 piece at a time, use a exhaust cement or high temp silicone sealant to seal each flange.
I used Maniseal but when beaudesert rebent/replaced a section for me they used some type of silicone. They were really good to deal with in regards a few issues i had early on. But it helped them also becasue they made a new jig for it to use for future systems.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back