Battery trays

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wozzah

Reaction score
Been looking at second battery trays. Has anyone used either basha or piranha under body ones. The piranha one is under the passenger seat, while the basha seems to be under the tray. Cheers Wozzah

I have a 2012 series 6 style side dual cab. I have made a holder for my second battery to fit behind the lefthand rear wheel under the tub. (next to the spring pack). It is quite easy to get at, but you need to remove lefthand rear wheel and then 4 x 6mm bolts will remove the inner guard. In this cavity I have fitted a 125ah battery. Have some Photos if interested.
Alby

Here are a couple of pictures of the dual battery setup I made for my D40.

First pic is the Battery itself. 125ah Deep Cycle AGM Battery. Chose this type due to it being 100% sealed, and maintenance free. The position of the battery, and its weight, means you don't want to be lifting it out every 6 months to check fluid levels.

Second is the holder without battery, with rear left tyre removed.

Third pic is with battery installed.

Fourth pic is taken from the rear of vehicle.

125 AH batt..jpg

Holder without battery.jpg

Battery installed..jpg

20140609_081901.jpg

I LOVE that spot you found, never thought of putting the aux batt in there, how many mounting points have you put??

Yer, it's a top spot. The good part is that if you required more capacity, up to 250AH is achievable by using both sides of the car. Posted another pic showing mounting. 2 bolts on top of towbar, 2 via bumper bracket. Bracket has been tested via some very rough tracks. Able to manufacture holders if you want.

Attachments

• 20140609_082056.jpg
    20140609_082056.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 141

Latest posts

Back