Barrington Tops run. Pics added, about 80 or so from page 12.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polblue itself is 1450m above sea level, so we should all take warm clothes just in case the weather turns on us. Dogs are not allowed at Polblue (it's NPWS-run land). There is a campground further west in Moonan Flat that allows dogs, and another campground east of Polblue called "Devils Hole" that we'll pass on the way in (it's about 100m off the road).

I'm fairly sure a caravan can do the road if you're careful. We're thinking about taking our van up there, but if they're closing the road it'll be fun trying to turn it all around.

I found the article on the Herald's web site.

BUSHRANGER: Malcolm Naden has been on the run since 2005 after suspected of being involved in the disappearance of his cousin, Lateesha Nolan, and for the murder of Kristy Scholes, the partner of another cousin who was found dead in his room in Dubbo. There is a $50,000 reward for his arrest.

I wonder if they'll deduct anything for leaving Continental tyre tracks on his face.

looks like there might be a few grand in it for everyone after this trip, hahaha, nah dont worry about a rifle just a bag of heavy duty cable ties, a few rolls of duct tape and some rope to drag him back to town...

According to the map he's a fair bit north of where we're going, and he won't be stupid enough to take on all of us. He might have stolen a .22 rifle, but you can bet he's using that to kill his food. I doubt he'd pose any threat to us even if he was in the area.

Yango sounds like a good one for October.

Yeah he is around Gloughster, my mates a cop out west and they were searching for him out there.

Sounds good to me Tony.

Dave.

i will have the ute packed the night before ill be leaving home at around 5-530 and should be at hetherbrae by 7-730am.
looking forward to a good day out and meeting all you blokes.

Anthony

My wife and I should be at Heatherbrae @ 8am, plenty early enough - there's a McDonalds just up on the other side of the road a short distance, and U-turn bays so you can get back to the Shell after grabbing a cuppa.

We're looking forward to it. Not taking the van, there's not a lot of room to turn around at the gates, if I remember (which I don't really, but I won't take a chance).

10:00am @ Gloucester. On the north side of town is a roundabout, take the northwest exit. There's a service station a few dozen metres from the roundabout then there's a bowling club on the next corner. Just the other side of the bowling club is a park - that's where we should meet.

I've got it electronically if Dave doesn't have any made I can bring some. I have 3 of the D40 discs left in my glovebox so anyone needin' one just stick your hand up when we meet (don't forget, because I know bloody sure as eggs are square that I will forget).

Latest posts

Back