Arb Compressor mounting options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Smith

Reaction score
Hi

Just purchased a new king cab d40 diesel. Am looking to mount a new style arb compressor from my old car (bombed diesel patrol, Miss very much) Any ideas on where a arb compressor can be mounted on the d40's dual cab and king cab

Thanks

Clint

I've got one under the passenger seat for the air locker, The others just bolted in the tray. No room under the bonnet, and didn't think under the truck was the best.

Sweet. i assume it would be easier to mount the unit with passenger seat taken out, can i use the standard backing plate and just drill 4 holes for it. Another thing is where did you put you switch, the only spare switch place is drivers side right of the steering wheel, i guess a harness lengthen is in order then

Front seat only takes a minute to pull out, I used the backing plate and plenty of sealant. The harness I was supplied reached no problems. Are you going to remote mount an air connector too or just leave the passenger door open and use a long air hose? I've run an air connector into the back of the tub, comes out just behind the rear light.

Can someone post a pic of the compressor mounted under the chair? Oh and 08KINGCAB, can you post a pic of the extended line? I'm looking to install a compressor soon. Will most likely be bluetongue though.
Thanks in advance!

Has anybody got a photo of the compressor under the seat yet? Also for the extended line?

Thanks shaun

Here you Go Shaun

From Front
web.jpg

From Front
web.jpg

Also From Front
web.jpg

From Back
web.jpg

Damn that looks like a neat unit... I was wondering how the heck you can fit a compressor under the chair, after looking at the one I just bought!..

Kingcab it's the high vol compressor and it pumps super quick I don't have lockers.... Yet!

It comes with a 6m hose and the heat isn't an issue it's wired into the main battery as suggested by northern 4x4 I pump with the engine running anyway hope this helps

Cheers
Matt

Kingcab it's the high vol compressor and it pumps super quick I don't have lockers.... Yet!

It comes with a 6m hose and the heat isn't an issue it's wired into the main battery as suggested by northern 4x4 I pump with the engine running anyway hope this helps

Cheers
Matt

Ooops, It looked like the smaller unit.

I have the smaller one mounted under the seat, it's not too loud, but sure gives the Missus a thrill every time I hit the switch locker switch.!

ARB Fitted mine on passenger side under the bonnet against the firewall. I can take some photos if you like and it is the high flow compressor.

Back