Anyone interested in D22 recovery points?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-796292703.jpg

D22 and D40 recovery points

Curvy tie downs!

:sarcastic::sarcastic: 76mm ....Navara tolerances are +- 50mm. thats not too bad since they were aiming for 60mm apart.
Slot the holes.

I really think that the factory "tie down points" are sufficient if used correctly. They will take alot of force in a direct line but when pulled from off centre they do fold. I have witnessed and been part of several recoveries using them. Some good, some bad.
Perhaps recovery technique and the use of snatch straps needs to be emphasised and dont just rely on bigger steel to solve the problem.

Just bought a 2004 D22 Diesel for my "fun" car! I'm in a regional location and despite being the third owner and "very little off road" the right factory tie down is bent like a ******! Fabricating my own angle recovery points this weekend.... 10mm minimum after finding those curves!

was in tjm coburg today looking for recovery points for a D40..all they had was recovery points for a D22 $90

Do you think 8mm would be thick enough for a recovery? i was thinking of doubling up some 8mm (16mm) angle and bolting it down to the three bolt holes.

Latest posts

Back