Anyone interested in D22 recovery points?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get a plate welded to the back to drop the point a bit and get longer bolts?

Yeah just needs a packer plate like you say. I haven't installed them cause i'm a lazy prick..lol. Been to busy with house stuff.

Also i've got a different design for a point made up, but i need to have it welded together. This design uses the two chassis nuts and also a 3rd, the bull bar mount bolt.

Designed it with macquarie 4x4. They were going to start making them, but haven't heard for ages how the test fits went. A forum member had them installed, i just PM'd him to see how they turned out.

Pete

Just make sure they hang low enough if you have bash plates. I had a set made up and with my bash plate, the hole sets a little high. The bash plate kinda covers some of the slotted hole, so getting shackles in might have been hard. I still haven't installed mine.

I would change the following dimensions;

40mm to 35mm (hole offset)
55mm to 60mm (hole offset)

The hole may even need to be lower again, i cant remember how much it was out. Just the heads up anyhow.

Pete

Thanks for that, one night after work when I feel motivated I might have a go

Scotty
How do you recovery points bolt to chassis. Will they work if I have ironman bashplates attached? Be interested to see the finished product.

I bought my Outback Ideas from ARB in Brisbane. Cost around the 110 mark. Second day trip without having to use them and paint is already coming off. Very solid though, as any 10mm plate bent would be.

scottybobcat said:
Yep a bolt shop. We should have these recovery points made in the next couple of weeks also.

It's been more than a couple weeks now :) my bars on I'm ready for these now.

When can I order a pair?
Obviously after I see photos :).
Will they mount at 3 points or just two?

Ahh I thought you were making then with a bit of angle to be bolted to the bullbar mount also.

Either way I'll take a set when they're ready

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back