Adding 2-Stroke oil to Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to hijack,

but can i get a sentence explanation if adding 2stroke will benefit,damage or do absolutely nothing. I dont really want to read through 550 posts.

Cheers

Nice, got some swell response haha!!

I'm not a physicist, but I never claimed to be intelligent enough to tell people here what to do so i dont, but it is a thread about two stroke oil and diesel and I reckon I done enough research to feel comfortable trying it myself.

So I started out posting my experience when Krankin was bagging it out, being me I told him to feck off in a smart arse forum style post which escalated into a firey debate and good laugh for everyone but sounding more and more narky, so here's what I put together and if you are a physicist you might be able to make something of it.

Informational links related to diesel fuel and additives including two stroke oil;

Two stroke oil: (also see wikipedia)
http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/oil/oil.htm

Diesel fuel: (also see wikipedia)
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/diesel3.htm

Biodiesel information:
http://www.biodiesel.org/docs/ffs-performace_usage/handling-and-use-guide.pdf?sfvrsn=4

Diesel lubrication
http://www.biodiesel.org/docs/ffs-performace_usage/lubricity-benefits.pdf?sfvrsn=4

Study of Internal Diesel Injector Deposits:
http://www.lubrizol.com/9040Zer0/IDIDQuigleyTAEEsslingen.pdf

Tests on popular diesel additives:
http://www.johnfjensen.com/Diesel_fuel_additive_test.pdf

Related forum threads (external)

Diesel Bombers
http://www.dieselbombers.com/alternative-fuels-additives-fluids/953-2-stroke-oil-thread.html

The Diesel Stop
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f23/two-stroke-oil-diesel-262243/

Power Stroke
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3l-general-discussion/23377-diesel-kleen-3.html

Yamaha Fan
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic878.html

I highly recommend the last two links here for a good (long) read, but it will give you a good idea of what people's experiences are.

I also had a look at responses from people who claim to have tried two stroke oil in their diesel vehicle, I gave 1 point for a positive response and -1 point for a negative response. And out of 110 responses (I wanted more but it's time consuming) the score was 101. That's 9 negative out of a possible 110, an overwhelming positive response.

Nice, got some swell response haha!!

Talk about tickets on your self or what....... Im not sure if you noticed but the thread had 50 odd pages before you and your genius came trotting along on your high horse.

Yeah I read most of them before I ever posted in here. That's one of the points in a forum, continued discussion and debate. Don't take it the wrong way mate I am just joining in on the fun.

so out of all those threads/links i had a quick look at, there is only one where someone actually does any real testing, and out of all the test they did the closest i could see to what we are talking about in this thread is this.

7) Super Tech Outboard 2-Cycle TC-W3 Engine Oil
Unconventional
(Not ULSD compliant, may damage 2007 or newer systems)
HFRR 474, 162 micron improvement
200:1 ratio
16.64 oz/tank
$1.09/tank

Note the part in yellow which is fairly important.

I also have tried putting castrol 2t in my fuel and at first i thought there was a difference, but on the second tank i could hear the engine just as i could before i used the 2t.
So i think allot of the positive reports may come down to some sort of placebo affect.
I would like to have someone fill my tank say 10 times and not tell me when they added the 2t, and then see if i can accurately note what tank DID or did NOT have 2t in the fuel.
MY guess is i would not have a chance of picking it.

So I started out posting my experience when Krankin was bagging it out,

being me I told him to feck off in a smart arse forum style post which

escalated into a firey debate and good laugh for everyone but sounding

more and more narky, so here's what I put together and if you are a

physicist you might be able to make something of it.
:confused2: my god, the world really is round...praise the messiah....we are not worthy.....

You are one class A legend in your own toilet, f__kwit

you see, no one will get past your silly (we are all dumbarses)scribbles to see if in fact you have something worth reading...unfortunately your so full of it, youll never realize it, so now you are a nob for the rest of your time on the forum.

Welcome to the forum...enjoy...

:confused2: my god, the world really is round...praise the messiah....we are not worthy.....

You are one class A legend in your own toilet, f__kwit

you see, no one will get past your silly (we are all dumbarses)scribbles to see if in fact you have something worth reading...unfortunately your so full of it, youll never realize it, so now you are a nob for the rest of your time on the forum.

Welcome to the forum...enjoy...

Your off topic again mate

There,s the answer to 50 pages of posts

In fairness to some in those 50 pages (and other threads where I brought up the shit stir) they have at times admitted since I first brought up the idea of a placebo effect ages ago that it's entirely possible that their results were exactly that.

No matter who does these tests, no matter how experienced they think they are these tests are all carried out with knowledge and therefore a placebo effect must be in place either in part or in full. The only types of test that can remove all doubt is scientific lab tests and there is none of those being posted. That still doesn't mean 2T isn't some magic cure all but it certainly doesn't add credence to it being the miracle oil some want to claim it is.

The debate this thread is based on doesn't even have scientific data posted in it and the OP of that thread has never once provided the data she claims is out there, mysteriously each time this person is asked for evidence she disappears for days on end. The same OP gave up posting on the topic mid 2011 still without providing these scientific tests she claims were done.

The one thing I do however like from that thread is that not only has this woman been proven to have the wrong facts from time to time she also replaces her cars every few years. May not mean much to the argument however given one of the main questions asked is about the long term effects it's fair to assume that even this woman isn't game to wait and see if there is any long term effects.

Once again none of this proves that 2T is bad but it certainly doesn't prove the opposite.

Thanks SWEETIES for the laugh so far
Now to pull you back on track
Most oils in this field are predominantly becoming only carriers for the required chemicals (additives) to meet the needs of the situation.
2 stroke oils now contain detergents, anti wear and anti scuffing agents to mention a few. (straight mineral oil was once used because of its low ash and soft carbon)
Most 2 stroke oils are low ash and under the 0.8% requirement to meet the ACEA C3 standard. specified for DPF systems
What we need is the raw appropriate additives that we can add directly to the fuel to promote the desired quoted improvements or benefits.
Regards
Burgo

Thanks SWEETIES for the laugh so far
Now to pull you back on track
Most oils in this field are predominantly becoming only carriers for the required chemicals (additives) to meet the needs of the situation.
2 stroke oils now contain detergents, anti wear and anti scuffing agents to mention a few. (straight mineral oil was once used because of its low ash and soft carbon)
Most 2 stroke oils are low ash and under the 0.8% requirement to meet the ACEA C3 standard. specified for DPF systems
What we need is the raw appropriate additives that we can add directly to the fuel to promote the desired quoted improvements or benefits.
Regards
Burgo

Unlike diesel I find it hard to get a list of composite material used in two stroke oils. I know that paraffin is the component that does most the lubricating in diesel and that it is removed during the process of removing sulphur.

Do you know how/where I can get a list of the composite material found in two stroke oil?

You made the mistake of looking quickly, That's not going to help.

The information is there you just have to sift it yourself.

Why do i need to read a "wiki" link to two stroke or diesel?? i already know what they are, and its the same for the other links. I was just looking for an actual test that would show me data that was gathered, either positive or negative on what we are talking about in this thread, ADDING 2-STROKE OIL TO DIESEL.
Out of all those links you posted only ONE showed results drawn up from tests that they carried out, and those results dont exactly fill me with confidence to the point where i will continue using 2 stoke oil in my post "07" diesel navara.

7) Super Tech Outboard 2-Cycle TC-W3 Engine Oil
Unconventional
(Not ULSD compliant, may damage 2007 or newer systems)
HFRR 474, 162 micron improvement
200:1 ratio
16.64 oz/tank
$1.09/tank

Maybe its because i am so retarded i cant find any actual results from any actual tests done on ADDING 2-STOKE OIL TO DIESEL other then that ONE.
I dont deny that modern diesel has lower sulphur levels, what i want to see and maybe you will need to point my extremely dumb arse to the exact part in those links that will give me the results from all those tests. I think the simple fact is that the test above is the closest you will get.

That "test" was already posted on here about two pages back. Pretty dubious. Anyway the 2t they "tested" was out board oil which apparently is a no-no?
In all the internet there is no info on this, just threads the same as this one on other forums. More positive feedback than negative.

That "test" was already posted on here about two pages back. Pretty dubious. Anyway the 2t they "tested" was out board oil which apparently is a no-no?
In all the internet there is no info on this, just threads the same as this one on other forums. More positive feedback than negative.

Yeah i know i posted the test result on the other page.

Oh right, sorry, i thought you were referring to proffessor daz's list of useless links and reposts.

Back