3mm Stainless Bashplate Design

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joely1991

Reaction score
Just thought id post up my design of a bash plate that I made for my '06 D22 ST-R:

I first worked out all the angles and lengths, then got a peice of 3mm Stainless measuring 555X1260mm bent up at a local engineering joint. I made a template up for them simpy to cut down on labour time for them and i also drill all holes after it was bent up. ended up costing me $220 for the stainless and for it to be folded up. and about $15 in nuts/bolts etc.
Heres some pictures of te design and finished product etc:

IMG_0637edited.jpg
[/IMG]
Diagram of Angles
scan0002.jpg
[/IMG]
This drawing shows all the bolt holes, along with the sump drain point and diff drain, all with dimensions
scan0001.jpg
[/IMG]
This is the template of the contour i supplied the engineering shop
IMG_0665.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
hey, good job mate. looks good.

Ive got both sump and transfer guards on order. When i get them ill measure them up and make some 3d/detail drawings for people who want them. Hopefully get them early this week.

Pete

I'm handing out for some of scotty plate for the 09 Thai built d22. Sump to transfer all one piece yay

Two piece might be better as its pretty hard to change your front diff oil without removing the front plate. Getting at the filler hole is the problem, i guess you could put a hole at the front to put your socket extension through if you lined it up right. still much easier to just drop the bash plate. Normally i like to drop it anyway so i can bash it back in to shape, god thats a good feeling, going ape shit it with the hammer on it. I have modded the way the front attaches on mine as those nuts on the wire were a bitch to do.

Do you have a body lift or is that design for standard??

No body lift, just suspension lift.. but if you were to make one id double check the measurement for where it attaches to the bullbar, as i can imagine it would vary, because dealers install them? and it would only take a few extra washers or anything like that to change position of the bullbar. dont know this for sure, just making you aware of it though. also not sure how much the d22's vary in terms of chassis/suspension components and the bash plate fitting correctly. mines a 2006 STR.

looks pretty good but in my opinion not good enough.

i have used 5mm steel plate, even then in my opinion 8mm would have been better as i found the 5mm does flex a bit with the cars weight. i used counter sunk bolts so its a smooth belly and no bolt heads to break off and get stuck on, looks way better as well.

8mm plate would be way to heavy. steel bar , winch, 8mm bashplate for transfer and sump, dual batteries all up front. ud have to run hd torsion bars and run front tires at 50psi just to hold the weight.

id be happy with 3mm steel body plates just so i could have some sort of protection under the car. thre is nuttin for thai built d22

3mm thick is OK, better to bend and absorb the impact. My custom sump guard was too strong, I bent the cross member after a heavy impact.

looks pretty good but in my opinion not good enough.

i have used 5mm steel plate, even then in my opinion 8mm would have been better as i found the 5mm does flex a bit with the cars weight. i used counter sunk bolts so its a smooth belly and no bolt heads to break off and get stuck on, looks way better as well.

8mm? id hate to think what that would weigh. it would take a fair old hit to bend the 3mm. because it is mounted in so many spots under the car. and yeah i was looking at dome head allen bolts but thought the mud would get stuck in the holes and would be a pain in the arse to get off if i ever needed to

Back