3.0 litre EGR/Butterfly/Swirl Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks mate I'll get some stainless then will1.6 mm be thick enough and am I on the right thinking of what each mod is?

No probs. I used stainless plates too. From memory they were about he same thickness as what you are planning to use. I've blocked both ends as well.

Good luck

Hi
Someone mentioned something about pdf instructions. After looking through all 35 pages I cant find them. Can anyone remember what page they are on or possibly email a copy??

So looking at the pictures it is really only a case of moving the existing T piece???

Last edited:
started doing the EGR block off today and decided to remove the intake manifold off of the side of the engine and clean all of the crap out of it. Lett me just say to anyone else thats thinking of doing this DONT bother unless you need to it is an absolute pain of a job and takes ages to do i wish i did not bother removing the manifold. Now just have to put the blocking plate it and re arrange the vac pipes then install the intercooler and oil catch can

started doing the EGR block off today and decided to remove the intake manifold off of the side of the engine and clean all of the crap out of it. Lett me just say to anyone else thats thinking of doing this DONT bother unless you need to it is an absolute pain of a job and takes ages to do i wish i did not bother removing the manifold. Now just have to put the blocking plate it and re arrange the vac pipes then install the intercooler and oil catch can

Yeah fair enough. Also, where are you fitting the intercooler? Front or top mount?

IMO the northside kit is better as you don't have to cut up the bonnet, just move the washer bottle and the orange pipes they use look hot.

i have had the intercooler sitting in the engine bay where i want it and i am able to shut the bonnet but it is snug (which is how i wanted it) and no i do not have a body lift only suspension lift. Not to sure about the http://www.crosscountry4x4.com.au/instructions.php?id=121 one tho you mite have to ask them but it looks very much the same as mine.

That's awesome mate. Could you please PM me pics of your engine bay with your current set up if you don't mine (when you get the chance of course). It would be greatly appreciated :)

That's awesome mate. Could you please PM me pics of your engine bay with your current set up if you don't mine (when you get the chance of course). It would be greatly appreciated :)

i will be positioning the intercooler tomorrow the i have to get the correct pipes and make some brackets up but i will take a photo soon to show you how and where it will be sitting cheers.

Finally finished the egr and i can say there is a great improvement i no longer have the delayed take off and the car seems to just run smoother all round aslo i have sorted exactly where the intercooler will fit. After a couple of taps with the mallet to get clearance it fitts nice and tite just have to cut a small peice off of the diesel pump bracket to lett the pipes past. Can anyone tell me how to put photos on here?

Finally finished the egr and i can say there is a great improvement i no longer have the delayed take off and the car seems to just run smoother all round aslo i have sorted exactly where the intercooler will fit. After a couple of taps with the mallet to get clearance it fitts nice and tite just have to cut a small peice off of the diesel pump bracket to lett the pipes past. Can anyone tell me how to put photos on here?

That's great dude good stuff, and your engine will thank you now that it's getting nice clean air not used exhaust crap. If you're on your iphone, up the top of the screen it will have a little plus sign so click on that and it will say upload a photo. If its on computer I'm not too sure haha.

I was just looking at a seller on eBay who has egr blank plates. The add says they are 1.2mm 304 stainless steel. Does 1.2mm stainless seem to thin? I can't be bothered trying to find some scrap one making if I can buy one for $25 haha.

-Tyler

I was just looking at a seller on eBay who has egr blank plates. The add says they are 1.2mm 304 stainless steel. Does 1.2mm stainless seem to thin? I can't be bothered trying to find some scrap one making if I can buy one for $25 haha.

-Tyler

Yeh that's heaps for stainless steel mate, you won't have any dramas..

Does any one know where I can get this done in Sydney ? The recent shoulder surgery won't really allow me to do this for a long time. Would mechanics do it ?

Deanfoldi.

Hey guys well Ive read and read through this thread and Ive decided im doing the mod.
Im pretty lazy so I ordered the plate off eBay from a seller in the UK, just over $12 delivered for 2mm stainless steel plate im happy :).
Im going to block it at the top (inlet I think) now my question is, is there a gasket in that joint or do u need to make your own? I was reading "put the plate and goo in and your done"is goo liquid gasket?

Cheers guys

Back