265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend a good 265/70/16?? Not sure if I am keen on the 75s with the extra fuel usage ;(

Am after a all terrain that will be good on long road trips, rocky pilbra bush tracks, river crossings, dry river beds, for use around the east pilbra and camping trips on the coast. My factory tyres have nearly done 25'000 kms, there looking sad and I am not surprised as they have been put to the test I tell ya ;) I am going to go the ROH blak trak rims with standard size tyres ;)

Chule. I'm running 2"lift and 30mm body lift with no rubbing issues after I cut the mudflap. When I had just 2" susp lift I had a little rubbing on inn gaurds at full lock and full compression.

Kade. Bfg do a 70 in the atko which is just a tad more expensive than the 75 because they aren't as common. I am running the 265/70/16 Bridgestone All terrains. Which are good on road and haven't taken them on the dirt yet.

Yep that's it. I think you will find the 75 is around $50 cheaper a corner. Good all round tire. I will be putting these on next to replace both my off-road set and on road set.

Rusty

Hey kade i paid $300 a cnr very happy on road seem good off road. didnt do enough off road on
the stockers to know any diff. No noise diff and no loss of grip wet or dry... oh yeh they look shed
loads better on the truck than the stockers.. just my opinion. ben

Hey kade i paid $300 a cnr very happy on road seem good off road. didnt do enough off road on
the stockers to know any diff. No noise diff and no loss of grip wet or dry... oh yeh they look shed
loads better on the truck than the stockers.. just my opinion. ben

Hi, thanks, yer ill be shopping around for a good price, you got a good deal!! these are the rims I want to put them on (Blak trak)

http://www.roh.com.au/trak-2-series.php

I got 265/75-r16 all terrain Generals for $265 a tyre, very happy so far they're wearing very slowly and great grip in the mud compared to the stock tyre.

Can anyone recommend a good 265/70/16?? Not sure if I am keen on the 75s with the extra fuel usage ;(

Am after a all terrain that will be good on long road trips, rocky pilbra bush tracks, river crossings, dry river beds, for use around the east pilbra and camping trips on the coast. My factory tyres have nearly done 25'000 kms, there looking sad and I am not surprised as they have been put to the test I tell ya ;) I am going to go the ROH blak trak rims with standard size tyres ;)

I'm running Hankook Dynapro ATM's in LT265/70/16.
Love them good off road and have a deep aggressive tread pattern.
$223 a corner from Jax tyres.

http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/images/tyre_images/wheelweb_feed/jax_angle_main/hankook-dynapro-at-m-rf10.png

Go the BFG's had two sets of AT's and they are fantastic, when it comes to tyres its only Mickey thompson or BFG you want.

Did a lot of research in the local area and there was a lot of good feedback on Hancook 75 ATS so went with them after all that ha ha

They where $330 a tyre, the rims where $110 a rim

Now because of the 2 inch lift, they say I need a camber kit or something to do the wheel alignment properly, they are getting options/prices etc

Bloody car is never ending! But looks good now ;)

newwheels.jpg

Hey guys I have a 2 inch tough dog lift , recently put on 265/75/16 bfg km2 and for some reason I'm getting major scrubbing on the front I have modified the mudflaps and the plastic behind that n now I'm hitting metal which I'm worried about . I have recently purchased calmini uca's once I put these in I'm pretty positive I will not scrub at all cause the front will n raised another inch to level the car out but until I put them in its really bad scrubbing turning into a driveway it sounds like my tyres and gonna rip the guards off plz help !

George

You must have zero offset wheels like me then because I got the same thing, still do sometimes too. I've trimmed all the plastic from the offending area (mudflaps still on but don't affect it any more) and have beaten the metal lip up and back, it's much, much better but will still happen occasionally, if the wheels were +20 offset or I had a 1 inch body lift it would be cured I think.

Did a lot of research in the local area and there was a lot of good feedback on Hancook 75 ATS so went with them after all that ha ha

They where $330 a tyre, the rims where $110 a rim

Now because of the 2 inch lift, they say I need a camber kit or something to do the wheel alignment properly, they are getting options/prices etc

Bloody car is never ending! But looks good now ;)

newwheels.jpg

Kade

You may need to get some calmini uca fitted. My toe 7s fine but my camber and castor are out. The uca will fix this problem. Purcbase the gear from the states its cheaper.

Rusty

I have positive 20 16x8's on them and it's still rubbing might jus have to hurry up and put the uca's in

Kade

You may need to get some calmini uca fitted. My toe 7s fine but my camber and castor are out. The uca will fix this problem. Purcbase the gear from the states its cheaper.

Rusty

Hi, yer cheers, am looking at the below links mate, tell me what you think of these ones, the wheel alignment guy said it will defo help ;) I hope it does ;)

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_51_346&products_id=3880

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_51_345&products_id=4299

Hi, yer cheers, am looking at the below links mate, tell me what you think of these ones, the wheel alignment guy said it will defo help ;) I hope it does ;)

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_51_346&products_id=3880

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_51_345&products_id=4299

The control arm kit. Changing the tie rods at the same time is a good idea.

I just put a link to a guy who is selling d22 suspension gear in the "Seen a bargain" thread. Pretty cheap aswell. The superior arms are rebadged Calmini gear. Calmini ship to australia and there are alot of happy navara forum owners who have purchased from calmini themselves.

Rusty

Hi everyone!

I'd like to share my experience of fitting 32" wheels to my stock D22.

These are the mods I did to fit 32x11.5R15 tires on 15x8 -22 ROH steelies:
-Torsion crank up front (approx 2" inch lift)
-5" rear shackles (approx 2.5" inch lift)
-Inner wheel well trimming at the rear side of the front tires and molding of the plastic bumper for the front

Result: Virtually no rub except when there is flex. Will still add a 2" body lift as soon as I get my kit.

Lessons learned:
- Tires larger than 31" for the D22 will require trimming minor or otherwise.
- You will definitely need a lift of some sort (BL or SL)
- Negative offset is your enemy (though mine is -22 approx 3.75" of backspacing)
- You do not necessarily need to re-gear if you're fitting 32 or 33" tires but it will throw your speedo off a bit

Before:
mzvh.jpg

After:
pout.jpg

9l1v.jpg

Last edited:
Hay guys, I'm looking at muddies for my next mod and have decided on 265/75/r16's unless I can fit 15's only to make tyre price less.
I'm thinking of putting federal tyres on. Has anyone on here either used or know if federal muddies and how they go. I have some mate who run them on their patrols and swear by them. Wondering if anyone has used them and had dramas with rubbing or anything. I have a 2" lift so holding they will slit strait on no dramas.

Cheers
Sammy_STR

Looking at getting BFG's AT KO's or whatever they are. 260/corner from tempetyres.

Duellers are 250/corner for the same size, but I've been told they're no good on sand.

Back