265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Pm'd hodge about his lift it's 2 inch I have toyo mt 265 75 16 fitted to my navara with no lift at first I removed the front mud flaps they fit nice an snug with no lift the only same thing I had a problem with was they just scrap the front of the back flair
And I haven't been booked for speeding yet so you could say the speedo is still somewhat correct as I always sit on 104 104 on the black top hop this helps

Daniel

Ok thanks, how many kms do you get out of a set of tyres?

Ok thanks, how many kms do you get out of a set of tyres?

I've never worn a set of 4wd tyres out lol if had 4 sets of maxxis bighorns on 4 different 4wds the most is I did on one set was about 20000 ks they were 35s on a Gq wagon an there was at least 75% to 80% tread so you could say they were on there way to the 70000 to 80000'k mark.
I went with the toyo open country mts because there are a 10 ply rating and I no of a bloke who run mtzs on his f truck witch carrys big constant loads plus a trailer he got 25000ks out of a set of mtzs he now has toyo mts an is up around 40000ks an still goin stong an on top of that my tyre joint sells them for $320 a tyre ( mtzs were 375 a tyre ) Most tyre joints sell toyos for $400 plus in 265 75 16 .
From my experiences with the toyos so far are great i can not speak highly enough off them i would even go as far as saying i would pay $400 plus for them IMO the toyos are worth every cent lol hope this helps

Daniel

I have a question for those that tow regularly.
Do you notice the loss of power when towing?
I tow a trailer 700-850 kgs 5 days a week for work (chippy).
I'm afraid that if I go 265/75/16 that the Nav will die in the arse.

What good A/T tyres are available in 265/70/16?
I need tyres real soon and don't want to make the wrong decision.

I hope someone has an answer for this as I'm in the exact same situation. Also a chippy. I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going to run them but if it makes a big differance to power/ fuel I may have to reconsider.

-Tyler

Hey guys,
Man this website is gettin addictive!
Scottybobcat wants to take me out 4b ing so gotta make sure my tyres are up to scratch.

DONT let him take you up "this is one of the tracks i used to ride my dirtbike on"

2 fkin hrs with a tomahawk to travel 600 mtrs
and pinstripes were thrown in free :ha:

Tyler,
As you know they are not the most power full going up a slight hill on take off with a trailer, that's why I am more inclined to stay with the standard size tyre.

Just recently went from BFG all terrain 265/70R16 on original STR rims and now running 265/75R16 on black sunraysia rims and I noticed a difference in power but also did EGR mod at the same time so yeah... Does make the revs sit slightly lower on 100km/h :winning:

If two ain't spinnin' you just ain't winnin'

Tonny D22 I can help you. I run a pair of Micky Thompson MTZ's 265/75/16 on my D22 with no lift (Lift getting fitted on Tuesday finally) but i just a wound up the tousion bars so they wouldnt scrub. Went from Bridgestone A/T's that came with the car new to the MTZ. I tow my tool trailer (Chippy ) thats about 900kg and the extra weight of a generator 5 days a week.
With the Bridgestone A/T's I was getting around 615 k's a week out of a tank of fuel with not much power diference compared to if I wasnt towing. Now towing with the MTZ's i get around 500k's a week out of a tank and I'd say about 15% power loss comapared to the A/T's. When Im not towing i get about 600k's out of a tank. Starting off from the lights is a little slow but for the look that the MTZ's give my car I reckon the power loss is worth it!!

I'm running 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorn's. I regularly tow a 12x6 tandem trailer with between 500 & 2000kg on it as well as 3-400kg of tools in the tray. It is very slow off the mark and struggles to maintain 110kmh on hwy when fully loaded.
Ps it's a 06 3ltr with 78000ks

Those figures have me a bit worried now but I guess that's the price you pay for the tougher look of some muddies haha. Lucky ill have the standard tyres and rims out the back if fuel usage goes through the roof

-Tyler

Thanks guys, just as I suspected.
If I never towed a trailer it would have had bigger rubber from day 1, but that's not the case.
The car is my bread and butter and see's the black stuff a lot with the odd steep dirt driveway.
I rarely go 4wdriving and the standard 693 A/T's got me to places I didn't think I'd get to.

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks guys, just as I suspected.
If I never towed a trailer it would have had bigger rubber from day 1, but that's not the case.
The car is my bread and butter and see's the black stuff a lot with the odd steep dirt driveway.
I rarely go 4wdriving and the standard 693 A/T's got me to places I didn't think I'd get to.

Thanks for your replies.

I'd consider putting on the Micky Thompson ATZ 4-Rib tyres then if your looking for something a little more aggressive but still good fuel economy. In the photos they look nearly the same as the MTZ but just not as deep tread. Might be an option? Im tossing up weather to put them on when my MTZ's wear out but just not sure if they will give the aggressive look Im looking for.

hi look at this site for working out tyres etc
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
my under standing bigger tyres = less RPM = less Fuel

Spec Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
265/70-16 7.3in 15.3in 30.6in 96.2in 659 0.0%
275/70-16 7.6in 15.6in 31.2in 97.9in 647 1.8%

I thought bigger tyres made more load on the engine so would use more fuel?

That means that 100 km odometer would be 101.8km actual. 1.8% bigger tyre, not fuel

My revs dropped by 500rpm at 100-110km/h, after installing a chip, 3"exhaust and 265/75 tyres.... even tho the revs have dropped I have lost a very small amount of fuel economy..... In my opinion if you put bigger rubber on you will lose economy... at the end of the day it's like 5-10bucks a wk so who cares

I'm just looking for confirmation from you guys in the know. Ill be running a tough dog lift with cal uca's so I guess it'll be about 2-2.5inch in the front end. I'm wanting to run 16 x 8 with +20 offset with 265/75 bighorns. Should I expect rubbing in the front. Is it just a trim of the mudflap or does actually guard need chopping? I'm not to keen on whipping the grinder out on a newish car.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
-tyler

I'm just looking for confirmation from you guys in the know. Ill be running a tough dog lift with cal uca's so I guess it'll be about 2-2.5inch in the front end. I'm wanting to run 16 x 8 with +20 offset with 265/75 bighorns. Should I expect rubbing in the front. Is it just a trim of the mudflap or does actually guard need chopping? I'm not to keen on whipping the grinder out on a newish car.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
-tyler

Yes mate- just a bit of trimming of the mud flap and possibly you'll have to 'massage' the inside corner of the sill for clearence if you need it.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back