265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys, got some 265/75/16 BFG KM2's fitted today, here is the end result, they are quite up to about 75kmh then then hum nicely for a mud tyre, power wise i can fell the difference, on take off more than anything, oh and they are a little more floaty on the hiway! no rubbing on the mub flaps at all yet either

cheers
bryan

Well got the ATZ4's fitted today. Took it for a quick run around and light off-road and no rubbing yet * crosses fingers *.
dsc0004wp.jpg

dsc0003mir.jpg

dsc0002yn.jpg

dsc0001copyr.jpg

Nice work! Need some hot soapy water to wash off the blue wax!

I had some micky T MZT 265/75/16's fitted to standard alloys on the d22 with a ironman 2" kit on it and love it! No rubbing at any angle or flex and so much grip off the road! turned the truck from a pretty capable car but needing to winch alot to been a grip monster! Dont need as many turnes on the prob to get up the hills either so helps me look after the tracks too!
Ill get some pics up soon.

I just had 265/75 16's fitted to my stock as a rock 2008 D22, no rubbing, no scuffing whatsoever, the gaurds are filled pretty nicely tho so it will be interesting to see what happens when It hits the beach over the weekend. Will update on tuesday

i can almost guarantee that when you start bouncing along the beach you'll hear them scrub - especially when you turn corners. if you have a steel bar just watch the tyres dont catch on the steel bar (my mates 2003 DX did, he was running 265/70/16's with a 2" ironman lift.

I managed 31x10.5R15 (Roughly 265/75/15) under mine no problem. I wound the torsion bars up on the front to level the car out before hand though. Not sure on the offset but it think it is -20.

Had trouble with the 32x11.5R15 (Roughly 290/75/15) but the offset was deeper.

Can you fit a 15" rim onto these Navaras.... I owuld have though that the brake caliper would hit ?

OK... I've looked through this post and haven't seen this question asked.....

I currently have a 150's Prado (the missus car which is also used for long touring, etc) plus I've also recently picked up a 2002/3 D22 Dualcab for myself.
The Navara's are 16" rims where as the Prado's are 17" rims but I believe they both have the same stud pattern....

What I want to do is have ONE SET of SPARE Tyres/Rims for more harder 4wdriving/touring that will suit/fit on both vehicles and to do that I need to be able run 17" rims on both cars. (I have a spare set of Steel Prado 7.5" x 17 rims with a +30mm offset)
The STD tyre size on a Prado is 265/65/17 (equivalent to a 265/70/16 on a Nav)

OPTIONS:
A 265/70/17 is equal to a 265/75/16 which is 3.4% bigger for the Prado (lift Prado 13.3mm) & 5.3% bigger for the Navara (lift Navara 20.3mm). This 265/75/16 seems to be the most common tyre increase on the Navaras

To keep Prado Legal the only option in larger tyre size here in QLD is
275/65/17 - 1.7% bigger (lift Prado 6.5mm) - Navara 16" equivalent is 275/70/16 - 3.7% bigger(lift Navara 14mm)

One of the choices I'm leaning towards is:
265/75/17 - 6.8% bigger (lift Prado 26.5mm) - Navara 16" equivalent is a 265/80/16 - 8.8% bigger (lift Navara 33.5mm)

the other is:
275/70/17 - 5.2% bigger (lift Prado 20.3mm) - Navara 16" equivalent is a 275/75/16 - 7.3% bigger (lift Navara 27.8mm)

Has anyone ever done something similar and run 17" rims/tyres on their Nav b4? (hopes this makes sense to everyone)

Thought I'd add this Pic to help those with offset questions:
Offset.jpg

Last edited:
Hey mate, if I understand what you're asking correctly, you shouldn't have any dramas with running 17" rims on the navara, the +30 offset is the same as, or 10mm deeper than the stock navara alloy.

My question to you is - why 17" rims? For play wheels I would be trying to go to a 16x8 +20 rim size as minimum this will allow for a higher sidewall, which will bag out more when you let them down, which should give you more grippage.

Just my 2c

Hey mate, if I understand what you're asking correctly, you shouldn't have any dramas with running 17" rims on the navara, the +30 offset is the same as, or 10mm deeper than the stock navara alloy.

My question to you is - why 17" rims? For play wheels I would be trying to go to a 16x8 +20 rim size as minimum this will allow for a higher sidewall, which will bag out more when you let them down, which should give you more grippage.

Just my 2c

Hey josh....

The reason for 17" is I just want the 1 set of Rims/Tyres that I can use on either the Prado or the Navara and because of that and that 16" rims won't fit onto the Prado, I can only go the 17" rim option.... If I could have fitted 16" rims on the Prado, I would have gone with 16" rims for sure....

plus

I've managed to have a bit of a look online on what 17" tyres are available that would FIT both cars and there's not a great choice by the looks....

The only 2 Tyre options atm is:

LT265/70/17 or LT275/65/17

Over time this choice may increase, but from the quick look online the options are small (I don't want to go larger than 275 in width)

Yeah, and availability of size for manufacture is another thing to look at. I'd also be looking at popularity and availability as well, if you need to buy a tyre in the middle of the outback, your choices will be limited.

So you can't fit 16" rims on a Prado? Even if you get a larger offset? That's a bit silly. I'd definitely be investigating that!

EDIT: google gave me this: http://www.lcool.org/technical/120_series/wheels/16inch.html
also using a deeper offset should help as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Josh.....

I had known about that but with our Prado being on a 5yr Lease + 6yr Warranty, I didn't think Mr Toyota or the Lease company would like me doing that.... maybe when it's out of warranty & we own it 100%, but that is a fair time done the track....

I will investigate it more to see if there is many Prado owners doing that.... I do know a few of the owners of the older 120's did it but I don't think many of the 150 owners have done it due to similar reasons to my own.....

Yeah, and availability of size for manufacture is another thing to look at. I'd also be looking at popularity and availability as well, if you need to buy a tyre in the middle of the outback, your choices will be limited.

So you can't fit 16" rims on a Prado? Even if you get a larger offset? That's a bit silly. I'd definitely be investigating that!

EDIT: google gave me this: http://www.lcool.org/technical/120_series/wheels/16inch.html
also using a deeper offset should help as well.

Just confirming about the off-set. 16x8 +20 correct? I'm about to swap from ATZ 4's to some KM2's so decided i'd get some steel rims while i'm at it.

Hodge said:
Just confirming about the off-set. 16x8 +20 correct? I'm about to swap from ATZ 4's to some KM2's so decided i'd get some steel rims while i'm at it.

Yeah should be fine. Why the change?

265/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ'S

I fitted some 265/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ'S on a +20 offset Dynamic Steel wheel, had to put Tough Dog heavy duty torsion bars and shocks in the front and wind it up a bit and cut a piece out of the mudflap. Just only touches on full lock when going over heavy terrain, but otherwise no problems. These tyres WILL NOT fit on a standard D22, i have an 08 model with 22k on the clock and the standard shocks were completely stuffed. The suspension package has completely changed the car 100% better, don't notice any change in power as Navs are pretty gutless anyway.

ATZ's and MTZ's make the same road noise, so you know. But my standard Bridgestone Duelers with 25k on them were louder than my muddies.

Yeah should be fine. Why the change?

Well 2 reasons...I was rather impressed how they performed on a similar specced nav that tagged along with us through toolangi recently. A bit more aggression at a cost of fuel economy, i can live with that. Traction difference between us 2 was very evident. Especially up slippery clay type tracks. Now i know one is AT and other MT... But it just got me excited, how well the other nav weaved it's way through some slop without hesitation where as I was staggering around like a pissed cricket.

And also a family friend is willing to offload me his near new set for peanuts so that gives me more incentive to make a switch. Or keep both... Hence why i want to make sure the off-set i get should be ok for me with a 2" lift.

ATZ's and MTZ's make the same road noise, so you know. But my standard Bridgestone Duelers with 25k on them were louder than my muddies.

My atz 4 ribs 32" are louder than my mates 35" MTZ's, 40-80km/h. Above 80, the MTZ's sound like a Qantas 747 is about to rear end you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back