2010 auto stalling when cold.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quent85

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2010 auto and I have noticed for the last few days that first thing in the morning when I start it it stalls a few times before it will stay running, its only started since I towed my van this weekend with it, the car runs well and doesnt miss a beat has anyone had this happen? the car has done 75000

Would it show up a fault code?

Cheers for any info

There should be a fault code if your engine light is on.

Mine did this a few times back in 2011, I mentioned it to the dealer and it hasn't done it since. No idea what it was - I could keep the car going by using a lot of throttle. Now that I think about it, there's a good chance it was caused by a minor leak on the suction side of the fuel pump - most likely in my filter - causing an air pocket which caused the car to stall.

Has your car been serviced recently?

I had it checked today for fault.codes and nothing was found on there it got serviced by the dealer about 4000 ago it must be in the filter I found if I prime it it starts fine

That really does point to the filter.

There's a rubber seal in the filter that has to be fitted perfectly. Dumb design if you ask me, thing should have been made so that minor errors made no difference at all, but it's what we have. Seasoned mechanics make the mistake, it's no biggie, but if you feel like pulling the fuel filter out and refitting it you might be able to fix it.

Latest posts

Back