Random drop of revs at start up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawrieW

Reaction score
2017 Navara Teckna Auto.
Hi everyone. Puzzler! Have searchedvthis great forum but could find anything.
Often, at start up, it ticks over ok but when I pull away then come off accelerator it feels like it is going to stall. Very off putting. Once been running for minute or so its fine.
Have taken truck to dealership but typically it didn't happen there so couldnt help. Took to a mechanic. But again, no codes or issue. Must need to cool down a bit for it to happen.
Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

The newer cars (newer than the YD25/V9X engines) haven't had a lot of reports of this sort of thing. In the older engines, the SCV was a primary culprit for this sort of thing, and the very first thing I'd try is a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank. Making sure the air filter is ok, and cleaning the MAFS (electrical contact cleaner spray ONLY, never anything physically touching the insides of the MAFS!) are also good moves.

If that doesn't resolve it after about 100km or so, we'll need to take a look at the pump to see if there's some issue with it that might cause this.

The newer cars (newer than the YD25/V9X engines) haven't had a lot of reports of this sort of thing. In the older engines, the SCV was a primary culprit for this sort of thing, and the very first thing I'd try is a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank. Making sure the air filter is ok, and cleaning the MAFS (electrical contact cleaner spray ONLY, never anything physically touching the insides of the MAFS!) are also good moves.

If that doesn't resolve it after about 100km or so, we'll need to take a look at the pump to see if there's some issue with it that might cause this.
Thanks Tony, really appreciate the help. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Tony, really appreciate the help, will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back