2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks matty i mite do this mod myself...ill have to work out exactly where it goes b4 i start gettin the material organised.. so does it matter wat material??? stainless steel? aluminium? galv steel?

How ya going everyone

I wouldnt mind knowing how everyone's cars are going so far since they have put the blenking plate in, looking at doing it shortly thats all

did my egr block today...took me just under thats incuding frabricating of blanking plate and dinner in between. so really hour half.

here are some pics of my plate. made from 1.6mm Stainless Steel Plate

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

please tell me ive done it correctly :D

woot woot hehe... let it idle for 10mins and then did i quick run around the block...no warning lights flashing...so i must of done sumthing right...i have noticed the increase in power at lower revs and also the better pickup.

now did i need to drill any holes in this blanking plate or is it just a plate to stop everything from going through the EGR valve???

all good then...yay...cost me $0 lol work had scrap s/s and had the drill bits hehe

ordering my bashplates from tjm tomoz

This might sound a bit stupid but in the thread for this mod on the 3.0 you have to do the 'butterfly' mod, is that something we dont need to worry about with this 2.5 ? :p

G'Day All,
I had an extra 4 of these blanking gaskets/plates made up by my father in law (Qantas Sheety) in Stainless Steel. Can post out to those interested in doing the mod pretty cheap ok if anyone keen.

Hi I was replying to Matt, I will buy a blanking plate off you,how much$$$

Help!

Hi guys
I am in the middle of doing the EGR mod and have removed the 2 nuts on the RH side & LH side of the tube but the bolts come out, what else do i need to remove to get the tube out?
Sorry if it is a bit of a stupid question but i just want to make sure i dont remove something i shouldnt have! :sad:

I have attached a pic to clarify:

Attachments

• IMGP2057.jpg
    IMGP2057.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
ok, all done... ignore the above post as i noticed matt's pic in a previous post and saw which ones to remove..
So for any newbies doing the mod and dont have much mechanical knowledge (like me) heres the go: (need a 12 & 14mm spanner/socket)
1) remove 2 nuts from side of tube (in red circle) (first pic)
2) remove 2 bolts from elbow (blue circle)
3) remove bolt on bracket (green circle)

It all should come apart, BUT just a note be ready to catch the gasket from the LH side elbow as it sits loose in there and mine fell down into the engine bay, then took me 20 mins to find it again!:devil:
I didnt remove my battery like hadricus did but it would make it easier to get the bolts off & in again..
Only 3,000 k's and it was full of black crap...

Notice it to be definately more responsive. Stoked to have done my first mod :rock:

Cheers matt for the blocking plate! :cheers:

Attachments

• IMGP2057.jpg
    IMGP2057.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 662
  • IMGP2058.jpg
    IMGP2058.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 625
  • IMGP2060.jpg
    IMGP2060.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 631
  • IMGP2061.jpg
    IMGP2061.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 585
  • IMGP2062.jpg
    IMGP2062.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 639
I'm going to get my self from steal and give this a go this week.
ill let you know if i run into any problems hehe

EGR Clean?

After doing the EGR mod something occurred to me today...:idea:

Now it has been blocked off, where does all the soot/crap go now?
Will it need to be checked/cleaned out at some stage?

Latest posts

Back