2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason did you just make up an aluminium plate simular to what one of the other guys did? Mine is an 09 model with only 33k on the clock so a little hesitant to do mod, but if everyone else to date thinks it is helping and not hindering my engine then why not?

Hey Matt, I made mine out of a 1.5mm piece of gal mild steel, I was going to use a coke can but thought it was a bit thin, and I wasn't that keen on using aluminium as well. Melting point of 660ish but yeah, wasn't keen especially that thin.

Mine is an 08 with 30 thou on the clock, it's made a decent improvement, I recommend it.

Thanks Jason looks like the next mod to do then, if you have any other pics at all of where plate is mounted or of the actual plate itself etc that would be great, where your plate is you didnt have to remove any major parts or anything to get to it did you? Thanks again.

I just removed the two nuts/studs from the end in the picture and the two bolts from the hook piece on the other end that goes into the butterfly valve block (you'll know what I mean when you see it). I also took a bolt out of the bracket on the left side of the cooler.

I put the blanking plate in on the flange you see in the pic, basically the right hand side of the cooler. There is a stainless steel shim gasket that you take out, just use it as a template and Bob's your cross-dressing Auntie!

Did the mod this arvo, pretty sure i have done it in the same spot as you Jason, used a 2mm stainless plate with some exhaust sealant, noticed some oil/carbon gunk around some pipes from the top mount as per pics, is this normal on a D22 with only 30k on the clock?

Attachments

• P6150015.jpg
    P6150015.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 987
  • P6150016.jpg
    P6150016.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 874
  • P6150022.jpg
    P6150022.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 857
  • Oil1.jpg
    Oil1.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 857
  • Oil2.jpg
    Oil2.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 809
Same place as mine Matt, how do you find it?

I have the oil around the intercooler pipe joins as well, its from the PCV tube venting into the turbo intake. Its the reason why you need a catch can (halfway through the install of one on mine).

Oh fair enough, big job/expensive install? Keep me posted. Cheers Matt

So far I have put a mounting bracket from the rear passenger side intercooler mount to the bolt that holds the exhaust heat shield below it, I have mounted the catch can to this bracket.

I'm just having a bit of trouble sourcing some oil resistant tubing with a 15mm ID, I'll get some soon and the job will be done.

Hey Jason, is blanking the end all I would need to do? Do I have to muck around with anything else??

Cheers Brad

Nah Brad, that's it. Almost seems too easy huh?

Great returns from such a small outlay in my opinion.

Hey guys, I've got the piece of steel to do the mod this saturday and was just wondering as I'm a little confused as to where you are putting the blanking plate. Do you put it at the start of the egr tube or at the end?

Cheers fella's :rock:

You would class it as the start, the exhaust manifold side, not the valve/intake manifold side.

G'Day All,
I had an extra 4 of these blanking gaskets/plates made up by my father in law (Qantas Sheety) in Stainless Steel. Can post out to those interested in doing the mod pretty cheap ok if anyone keen.

Last edited:
G'Day All,
I had an extra 4 of these blanking gaskets/plates made up by my father in law (Qantas Sheety) in Stainless Steel. Can post out to those interested in doing the mod pretty cheap ok if anyone interested.

hey matt
yeh id be keen mate, let me know $$

cheers

G'Day All,
I had an extra 4 of these blanking gaskets/plates made up by my father in law (Qantas Sheety) in Stainless Steel. Can post out to those interested in doing the mod pretty cheap ok if anyone keen.

3 left if anyone else is considering doing this mod and cant be bothered making the plate up themselves.

hey fellas

im new to this forum and im have the exhaust emissions problem in my 09 Navara and its shitting me bigtime...my nav has only done 18000kms and its year half old and nissan cant resolve my issue...wats the pros and cons to this mod and will it ruin my engine???

Latest posts

Back