2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its worth it on the 2.5, you notice a bit of difference, on the 3.0l I didn't notice any difference in fact I think mine performed worse, I did the swirl control mod though as well so maybe that caused it (you can't do that one on the YD25)

Thanks 180. Know anything about the hole in the blank plate? Or whether the catch can applies to this motor?

fitting a catch can is good for ANY engine. helps stop oil going down the intake.

as far as the hole in the blanking plate goes it depends on if the ecu is going to pick up on the egr being blocked. that will depend on year/software ecu has etc.
if it flashes a code then drill a hole through the plate. if its still comes up with an error make the hole bigger.
the ecu uses the MAF sensor to see how much air flow is going through and is looking for a drop in air flow when the egr opens.

i do not know much on the intake butterfly system the 2.5's have so i can't comment on that. but for those blocking egr i would be looking at bypassing that to.

This thread has been dead a while, sorry if another has been started elsewhere. I read it from start to finish but it has left me with a question. I am certain that I have read on other threads (cbf looking for the link though) that the 2012 d22 takes an input from the egr to prove flow, but there has been no mention of that in this entire thread. It was further stated that to "fool" the ecu, a hole should be drilled in the egr blanking plate. One suggested a 2 mm hole, another suggested a 10 mm hole. So my question is, does the 2012 ecu require flow input throught the egr and if so, how big a hole do I need? Obviously, I don't want it that big that any gains by blanking are negated.

As an aside, mine doesn't blow any smoke at all and the turbo starts to spool at about 1500 or 1600 (but power isn't really noticeable till maybe 1800 or 1900). So is the mod still worthwhile? Does this motor still get full of crap without the mod? How about the catch can mod? Is that applicable to this motor? Most threads seem to relate to the 3L motor? Thanks

Hi, I have done this mod to my 2012 D22, it is completely blocked off at the solenoid, I can not see any sort of flow meter policing the flow and if there was one, it would be chocked up with black soot, I noticed a improvement in acceleration instantly, no warning lights. As for a catch can, I have done 20'000 kms now and had my inter cooler off recently and it is as clean as a new one so I don't really see the need for one, cheers

Kade

Hi, I have done this mod to my 2012 D22, it is completely blocked off at the solenoid, I can not see any sort of flow meter policing the flow and if there was one, it would be chocked up with black soot, I noticed a improvement in acceleration instantly, no warning lights. As for a catch can, I have done 20'000 kms now and had my inter cooler off recently and it is as clean as a new one so I don't really see the need for one, cheers

Kade

you might not see the need for one now, but check it again in 100,000km and decide if you should have done it now or not.. that's if you plan on keeping it that long i guess...

you might not see the need for one now, but check it again in 100,000km and decide if you should have done it now or not.. that's if you plan on keeping it that long i guess...

Whats the worse that can happen? You just clean out the inter cooler with petrol if it gets oily dont ya?

Guys , whats the definitive answer on this mod ?

is it good for performance or just to keep the intake clean ?

seems the jury is out :yeahright:

Guys , whats the definitive answer on this mod ?

is it good for performance or just to keep the intake clean ?

seems the jury is out :yeahright:

its not a performance mod.
egr is generally off at full throttle so blocking it makes not difference whatsoever to full power.
however it makes a bit of difference at part throttle. so it can help get turbo on boost quicker so you may find acceleration a bit better and throttle crisper.

the main reason is egr chokes up the intake manifold, intake runners and inlet valves. with some makes people are pulling manifold off every 50,000km to clean them out.

Whats the worse that can happen? You just clean out the inter cooler with petrol if it gets oily dont ya?

Yeah you can do that easily enough, what you can't clean easily is the inlet manifold which gets worse than the intercooler because it gets more heat soak after the motor is turned off which helps bake it on there... Big job to clean that out

Yeah you can do that easily enough, what you can't clean easily is the inlet manifold which gets worse than the intercooler because it gets more heat soak after the motor is turned off which helps bake it on there... Big job to clean that out

True? Might have too look at putting a drop in after all

Yeah, between a catch can and the egr mod, that's the best you can do to reduce the buildup. You'll never get rid of it completely but you can reduce it.

Latest posts

Back