2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The noise at start up is the control lines filling for the air ducting system. They are vaccum controlled.

It is it is normal. Yeh it happens after key off as well.

Cheers qqc d22.

I would like to see the temperature difference thing proved so we know for sure how much it is.

There are over 30 pages in a thread in the D40 section and more in the D22 section and not mentioned b4.

Plenty of members have an EGT gauge and would likely also have the egr blocked so some one will be able to tell us.

Last edited:
temps are fine. it doesn't make it "hotter" as such it's just a more complete burn. sitting on 100km/h on the freeway i get just over 300c post turbo, i think i put the egr block in before i put the egt gauge on but at that temp it's not something i'm worried about...

No sorry, Dave does them tho.
Super Admin Dave

Last edited:
did this myself about 10k ago, car has now done 25k, didnt notice any change whatso ever, still blows smoke aswell under power.

This thread has been dead a while, sorry if another has been started elsewhere. I read it from start to finish but it has left me with a question. I am certain that I have read on other threads (cbf looking for the link though) that the 2012 d22 takes an input from the egr to prove flow, but there has been no mention of that in this entire thread. It was further stated that to "fool" the ecu, a hole should be drilled in the egr blanking plate. One suggested a 2 mm hole, another suggested a 10 mm hole. So my question is, does the 2012 ecu require flow input throught the egr and if so, how big a hole do I need? Obviously, I don't want it that big that any gains by blanking are negated.

As an aside, mine doesn't blow any smoke at all and the turbo starts to spool at about 1500 or 1600 (but power isn't really noticeable till maybe 1800 or 1900). So is the mod still worthwhile? Does this motor still get full of crap without the mod? How about the catch can mod? Is that applicable to this motor? Most threads seem to relate to the 3L motor? Thanks

Latest posts

Back