06 D22 Navara drive belt/ pulley issues.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m17ch

Reaction score
06 D22 Navara drive belt/pulley squeking
Hi all. In a bit of a situation at the moment. My zd30 nav had started making a little squeak from the drive belt/ pulleys on the morning start ups. A few weeks on, it's gotten worse, slight continuous squeaking all the way to work. Pulled belt off this afternoon. Belt looks brand new. Checked all the pulleys, the all seem smooth and they don't have any play. Now I'm left scratching my head. Want to fix it this week as I'm going camping next weekend and don't want to blow a belt etc. Where do I go from here?

Any help will be appreciated.

check the one way clutch on the alternator.
also the tensioner bearing commonly fails.

Thanks for the info. I found some play in the tensior pulley. But it feels like the whole unit has movement in it. But the bolts that hold it in are tight? Also, how do you check the one way clutch in the alternator? It spins, doesn't feel like it's an issue.

the alt clutch, spin the alt forward and then grab the pulley and it should slip.

there will be some movement in the tensioner setup. but the belt should run in one position. with mine i noticed the belt had gone to one side off its normal running position. also once you take the belt off the pulley will be sloppy. one thing to look for is the ends of the hydraulic dampner, they can wear out and be really loose.
info on patrol forum about replacing the bushes.

I'll check the alt in the morning. It's definately the belt slipping, put water on it and its fine. I replaced the tension pulley bearing today as it was no good. The actual "bushes" in the dampened setup are rooted, have heaps of play. When the tensionor is all done up tight it hasa few mm play in it. Would you have a link to the patrol forum at all? Thank your for the help mate.

Latest posts

Back