chipit chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday longy have my tune on 5 enough power, the chip go,s up in small increments as for the EGT sensor I took of the left hand inner guard that's the plastic peace and put it below the turbo pain in the ass to do but doable.

Gday longy have my tune on 5 enough power, the chip go,s up in small increments as for the EGT sensor I took of the left hand inner guard that's the plastic peace and put it below the turbo pain in the ass to do but doable.
Cheers mate i have mine on tune 5 (plenty of power like u said) changed it to 6 the other day just for the hell of it and took it for a lap around the block it ran like shit not sure if it was just because the engine was still cold have you tried above tune 5 yet how did yours run.

i know yours is a d40, but my d22 hsa the 2.5L motor and have turned my chip up as high as setting 10. ecently turned it back down to 9 and i feel that setting nine is better then 10. has a better feeling under acceleration and picks up and runs better through the rev range. also running manual boost controller at about 15-16 psi. gets to 17psi on colder temps cause of the denser air but the gauge flashes and tells me i need to lay off.

Ran the EGT cable through the grommet on the left hand side under the glove box you can't miss it, its big.

Bigger al do you have a Common Rail or Pre CR? If you have a cR then disregard the TPS info. It is only for the pre CR engines.

Also, do you have the chip connected to the battery to provide power to the chip?

If your chip is giving weird ass results check your connections. If all seem fine send it back for testing with a letter stating the problems stapled to your invoice and p[ls confirm your return address.

Chip It
Unit 1, No5 Caloundra Rd
Clarkson WA 6030

Cheers

Im tossing up weather the EGT sensor is worth the extra money, I understand its a great tool to have, I wont ever be towing a trailer etc so i doubt the temps will be an issue for me. Can anyone weight in with some advice?

If i was to get it i wouldn't be putting it in the car it would be mounted under the bonnet as well. ( spoke to chipit today they said that its been done before)

If one does not tow then no need for the extra EGT Controller. However, it is very good/cheap safeguard/insurance in any case and a definite must if you do tow.

The chip is very easy to remove but you do not need to remove the EGT Controller/Gauge if you head to the Dealer.

The Dealer will not have a problem with the EGT Gauge since you are only measuring temps.

What Psi you guys run ? Im on map 5 no Boost controller - 3" exhaust but reguarly cracking 25-30psi under accerleration in 2nd to 4th gears.....

I'm wondering if the EGT is something you can add on later Robert?

Yes. but we discount it by $100.00 when purchased at the same time as the Chip.

As always, if people are in Sydney I might be able to do something at the time regarding better prices etc.

Cheers

$1169 for the Chip includes the EGT Controller and Forum Discount.

I will also throw in the EGR Blanking Plate and After Market Fuel Limiter we make.

Cheers

Chip It said:
Yes. but we discount it by $100.00 when purchased at the same time as the Chip.

As always, if people are in Sydney I might be able to do something at the time regarding better prices etc.

Cheers

That's comforting.
I take it that I can buy the two and not put the egt in untill a later date? If I need to tow or something of the such???

As a side note you've mentioned a fuel pressure limiter.
Can you explain this in lamen terms for me?
(I'm in new car warranty and I'm
Cautious about voiding it)

Thanks for the info.

Michael

Mike, correct. You can fit the EGT Controller separately. ie 2 weeks later, 3 months later etc.

Re the fuel pressure limiter: our custom made limiters hold more pressure than the standard one you now have. However, you do not need to change it unless you want to go much higher in the tune states. I will send it out just so you have it.

Ok so ive installed the Chipit Chip in my 11 ST manual, and blimey shes a beast! cannot stress enough the help and resource of information that Robert has on offer guys, well worth the phone call to have a chat,

With that comes my question, Who here has a chipit in their truck and can comment on the noise their turbo makes after installing it, I.e mine spools up as normal everything sounds the same, But if i get under it and push it the sound changes, I am pretty much a retard when it comes to turbos but to me it sounds like (whats been described as) the waste gate is releasing more boost as i get under it.

does that make sense/should it be happening?

Thanks for the thumbs up Mike. The extra power does result in extra flow so some changes in turbo waste gate or Variable vane noise (growl) or, in deed, intake noise (whistle or sucking) can be heard.

With D40's boost is not increase much since the turbos are not built like the older types.

D22 has the old type of turbo and therefore can be boost 4 or 5 psi further.

My memory Mike yours is the D40 Manual right?

How's your clutch holding up? The earlier D40's had a woeful clutch.

Don't tell mum where you saw this: :peace:

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

:shotgun:

Last edited:
Chip It said:
Thanks for the thumbs up Mike. The extra power does result in extra flow so some changes in turbo waste gate or Variable vane noise (growl) or, in deed, intake noise (whistle or sucking) can be heard.

With D40's boost is not increase much since the turbos are not built like the older types.

D22 has the old type of turbo and therefore can be boost 4 or 5 psi further.

My memory Mike yours is the D40 Manual right?

How's your clutch holding up? The earlier D40's had a woeful clutch.

Don't tell mum where you saw this: :peace:

:shotgun:

Mine is a d40 manual. It's holding up alright atte moment, I'm well aware of its faults and I'm trying my best to baby it. Thanks for the pics too. Definately worth having in the arsenal.

The extra noise from the waste gate is normal? And nothing to worry about?
Or something to get looked at?

Latest posts

Back