ZD30 Injector replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicksy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have replaced the injectors in my 2004 D22 Navara ZD30, today but having a hard time trying to line the holes up in the small bolts (which hold down the injector fuel rail) to the holes in the fuel rail, I assume they need to be lined up to get fuel through.

I have attached some pics of what I am referring to. Has anyone got any tips or tricks to get these on right?

Attachments

• IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2191.jpg
    IMG_2191.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 172
Haven't done a zd30 but everything else I've ever seen didn't matter as there is an open space inside the fitting in the line. The bolt will feed into the same open space no matter what way it goes on.

I have just put the injectors back in and everything back together. I have primed the hand pump until it went hard. Cranked it over multiple times, cracked the first injector and pumped by hand again then tried to start it. pump goes hard then when i crank it over and go back to the hand pump its soft again. Any trick to getting the air out so It will start? done this process this morning about 4 times and no better off.

Follow the fuel line from the fiter across to the injector pump, disconnect it before the pump and stick it in a bottle and then pressurize the fuel tank till you get fuel in the bottle, then reconnect.

Thank.

Ok, So I replaced the injectors and got the engine running again. But same thing is still happening as before I replaced the injectors. I was told by the mechanic it was injectors (reason why it takes 2 go's to start the engine then when started runs fine but pours out the black diesel).

Replaced injectors and same issue. Anyone else had this type of issue or know what it could be?

Try glowing it 2 or 3 times before starting and see if that helps, if it does your glow plugs are worn out, also check that you actually have power to your glow plugs

Unburnt diesel from dodgy glow plugs normaly comes out grey/white smoke, black is excess diesel burning/ lack of air. If its not the injectors check your induction system. Air filter, collapsing intake hose pre turbo, turbo wastegate stuck open, boost leaks, blocked intake manifold, closed shudown butterfly, closed egr butterfly, egr system stuck open.

Here is a video of what its doing. I pulled off the air filter from the turbo for testing, can hear it spool nicely but still pours out smoke when you accelerate.

View My Video

Latest posts

Back