ZD30 cracked fuel injector tube

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rinmak

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an injection tube crack on them for no apparent reason? By crack I mean physically break in half. Had it happen last night to #1 cylinder immediately after it comes out the pump and scratching my head at what could be the root cause. 04 zd30

Cheers

i have seen this occur with compressor lines, what can happen is the nut on the end of tube that you do up to fasten the fuel line could have been overtightened and from vibrations caused by engine running especially at idle plus this line can easily get water build around its housing which causes slight rust , put these together and you will get a snapped line.

Vibration for Line braking

For Sure, as well as the water content, but vibration all the more!

Exactly what caused four young lives on a Navy ship in Western Australian Waters,
Engine was serviced, Pipe was refitted, Pipe snapped with vibration, Diesel went
everywhere, Fire started Engine Room crew died, never take short cuts, they
will come back to bite your bum, or another person who has to follow your steps!

Cheapskates cannot win!

highway man.:deadhorse:

one common problem is when a line is bent and then is pushed into position and clamped in place.
it should always fit perfectly in place without any clamps or nuts done up. i it doesn't you need to bend the pipe until it sits in place perfectly. then you can do the nuts and clamps up.

not 100% sure why that is, i assume the pipe under tension makes a stress point which then splits due to the high pressure pulses.

Cheers lads. On taking it apart noticed that the rubber insulating clamps were nowhere to be seen. Suspect the car has had the pump replaced in the past and the lazy c**nts left them off. Would have been a workshop job too as the car has a full paper trail before me. Another example where DIY is best.

Latest posts

Back