yd25ddti wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palance

Reaction score
hi, so i'm new here... i need some help please... a photo or something..... i did a conversion installing a yd25ddti into a nissan cefiro but i can't find the wire for the electronic boost controller whiich is supposed to control the actuator on the turbo....

Welcome aboard.

As Camo points out, there are two types of turbo control. There's a vacuum operated actuator which uses a solenoid normally mounted up front near the left-hand headlight. You can spot these by the gold circular actuator on the top of the turbo with a vac hose connected to it.

The alternative (newer) version uses an electronic actuator, no vacuum system. Wires go straight to the actuator.

Which one do you have?

Might need oldtony to confirm but i believe the wiring comes direct from the ecu.now if i remember correctly the elect connector on the vac solenoid really only gives the solenoid a pulsed dc voltage which opens or closes the solenoid,which then lets vaccum to the turbo to increase or decrease the boost.
Normally here we have a GT2056v fitted.are you wanting to use a aftermarket boost controller?

Ok now if the wire comes direct from d ecu, what is the colour code?
I was told that a manual boost controller can't work as d pulse signal is needed.. is there an alternative?

It is a pulsed signal, I think it's at like 100Hz or so. The plug on the harness is called "F24" which is a two-wire plug, but nowhere in the manual can I find the colours of the wires. My car's solenoid has a thicker white wire and a thinner green wire in a white plug.

If you measure the voltage on the plug compared to battery negative you should see full battery voltage on the input (probably the white wire) and nothing on the other. An oscilloscope will show you the variation in the signal.

Ok now if the wire comes direct from d ecu, what is the colour code?
I was told that a manual boost controller can't work as d pulse signal is needed.. is there an alternative?

Manual boost controllers do work...but you use them just before the boost sensor on the intercooler.
A dawes valve will work also for full manual control of the turbo.

Love to see how this turns out! Always wanted to know how they would go in a lighter car. Auto or manual??? Have you got a build thread on another forum?

well guys the swap works and we found the wire thanks to old.tony's post on another thread. we used a zd30 ec control manual, since the ecu's are interchangeable, the pin outs would be the same. the pin for the vnt solenoid, which controls the actuator on the turbo is 101..... had it wired in and it was working fine. we jus did some tweaking to the tank. also we think the turbo has ran it's course, so that's a bummer but other than that, the car works.

oh and it's using an automatic transmission...

Latest posts

Back